“Health Promotion is the process of enabling people to increase control over and to improve their health.”
– World Health Organization
Health Promotion at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is here to embrace a healthy lifestyle and to create a culture of health and well-being that fosters personal and academic success. Health promotion efforts provide holistic education, support and resources for students to create and sustain long-term, healthy behaviors.
Objectives of Health Promotion:
- To promote campus wellness, encourage healthy lifestyles, and enhance students’ capacity to reach academic and personal goals.
- To expand protective factors and campus strengths, and reduce personal, campus, and community health risk factors.
- To create and maintain conditions for wellness in the learning environment guided by cultural inclusion, respect, equality, and equity.
Health promotion outreach includes a variety of events and campaigns. Most recently, some of these programs have included:
- Fall Health and Wellness Fair
- Destress Fest After Dark
- Self-Care Fair
- Sex & Sundaes Workshops
- Spring Into Health Fair and Campaign
- #UWOBodyPositive Campaign
- Spring Break Health Fair
- Red Zone Program
- Condom Fairy Program
- Healthy Breakfast Snack Stands
- Fruit Fridays
- Financial Fitness Campaign
- Healthy Eating on a Budget workshops