Cooperation Agreements are general agreements which encourage projects and initiatives that will advance the educational and developmental interests of UW Oshkosh and a cooperating partner institution or organization.
UW Oshkosh has a number of Cooperation Agreements whereby we pledge to:
- encourage projects and initiatives that will advance the educational and developmental interests of both institutions of higher learning;
- encourage the exchange of faculty and instructional staff for consultations and/or lectures;
- provide study/research space and library privileges and to allow exchange faculty and staff to audit courses without payment of fees (the home institution, individual or an appropriate funding agency is responsible for paying the salaries and related costs of visiting individuals);
- consider appointing faculty, when appropriate, from the other institution as visiting faculty on a temporary basis (the host institution pays the salary of the visitor);
- encourage the exchange of academic, research and instructional materials, including lists of faculty specialties;
- encourage faculty to develop joint research projects and invite colleagues to participate in conferences, seminars and round tables; and
- take steps to simplify the admission of qualified students of exceptional academic merit into academic degree programs (this is NOT a student exchange agreement; the individual or an appropriate funding agency is responsible for paying the tuition and related costs of visiting students. Student exchanges require a supplementary agreement, specifying the terms of the exchange).
Creating or renewing cooperation agreements
To enter into a new cooperation agreement or to renew an existing cooperation agreement, submit the following to the OIE:
- Application to enter into/renew a cooperation agreement
- Memo (details about the contents of the memo can be found within the form linked above)
The OIE Director is responsible for collecting information related to any potential cooperation agreements, writing cooperation agreements and maintaining a file of original agreements. The OIE Director does not approve or deny requests for cooperation agreements.