The Titan Advantage Program (TAP) is an intensive program designed to provide incoming first-year students with all the secrets to success to make their journey to college the experience of a lifetime. The program runs for six weeks during the summer on the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh campus. Through individualized instruction and support, TAP provides students with a map of how to successfully transition from high school to college and achieve success. TAP students are learning from and engaging with dedicated faculty, staff and peer mentors committed to preparing students and creating an environment that supports their growth, development and academic success in college. TAP students live in a residence hall, attend classes (four to six credits) and actively engage in learning communities, events and activities.
TAP Students Benefit From:
- A Jump Start. Take courses that enhance your math, writing, critical thinking and academic skills
- Proven Secrets to Success. Gain the knowledge and skills needed to succeed.
- Crucial Connections. Connect with instructors, advisers and peer mentors who will assist you in navigating college expectations.
- Preparation for the Future. Explore majors, minors and career opportunities.
- Understanding Financial Aid. Connect with experts who will help you understand financial aid.
- Exciting Events. Take field experience trips to exciting places, attend a variety of cultural events and engage in recreational activities.
- Personal Boosts. Boost your confidence and self-esteem.
- The Reward. Earn four to six college credits at no cost to you.