Culver Center vaccination site
UWO Police Chief Kurt Leibold | February 11, 2021
Dear University community,
The COVID-19 vaccination center at the Culver Family Welcome Center on the Oshkosh campus is undergoing a soft launch this week.
The center is open by invitation only so we can work through the operational issues with our partners: Advocate Aurora Health of Oshkosh and Winnebago County Public Health Department.
The center is expected to be fully open next week to eligible members of the public (including those eligible within our University community).
Because of the high public interest in COVID-19 vaccinations, it is possible you may receive inquiries about the center from family, friends and the public. We wanted to arm all of our UWO staff and faculty with resources and information to respond to those questions. You will find that information below. Please keep in mind some of those reaching out may have limited access to technology and the sign-up process may be difficult for them.
- We expect the center to open next week to eligible members of the public by appointment only.
- Appointments will be available when vaccine allotment information is received. When we have these details, we will post this information on the webpage and social media and send out communications.
- The site is in the Culver Family Welcome Center, 625 Pearl Ave., Oshkosh.
- Members of the public who meet eligibility requirements will be able to request an appointment by filling out a form on the UW Oshkosh Titans Return website. The form is NOT ACTIVE currently and will only be accessible when sufficient vaccine is available to offer a public clinic. Additional resources related to vaccinations also may be found on the page.
- The vaccination center is expected to be open through the spring by appointment only to those who meet the eligibility guidelines as outlined by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
- No walk-ins will be accepted.
- Advocate Aurora will email an invitation to schedule an appointment to eligible individuals who complete the form. The form will close when appointment requests are full.
- Wisconsin is currently vaccinating those in Phase 1a, law enforcement, fire personnel, corrections workers and those age 65 and over. You can find detailed information on the categories on the Wisconsin Department of Health Services website.
- A convenient link to vaccination information is now on the UWO website homepage.
- Temporarily, individuals with questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or the UWO COVID-19 hotline at (920) 424-2019.
- The Culver center also houses the community COVID-19 testing center that opened in November.
We will continue to keep you updated regarding the vaccination center and other campus information related to COVID-19. This center provides eligible members of our University community and the public with convenient access to vaccinations. We are excited about this opportunity and the steps it helps us take forward to respond to the pandemic.
UWO Police Chief Kurt Leibold