Reinstating masks indoors on UWO campuses; Vax Up Titans!
UW Oshkosh Chancellor Andy Leavitt | August 9, 2021
UW Oshkosh will require masks beginning Tuesday, Aug. 10, indoors on our UW Oshkosh campuses for students, faculty, staff and guests, regardless of vaccination status. This decision was made following further consultation this morning with our healthcare partners. It does not impact our policies or plans regarding in-person classes, return to work on campus, events, physical distancing, etc.
This is not a decision we wanted to make, but at this time we believe it is needed to protect the health and safety of our campuses. As our staff and students return to campus, the next two months will be a critical time for us to control the spread of COVID-19. We will continue to monitor COVID-19 transmission on campus and in the community and will revisit our mask and other policies as the public health situation warrants. You can read the full order here.
Together, we beat back COVID-19 last academic year. Now, we need you to help us end it once and for all. Here’s how…
Masks must be worn at all times in:
- Hallways, public spaces, common areas and classrooms
- Shared offices, shops, conference rooms and lab spaces
- UWO vehicles when traveling with more than one person
Masks are not required:
- While working alone in an office or lab with the door closed
- While eating or drinking in Reeve, Blackhawk and other common food areas
- For residence hall students in their own room
Staff interested in having plexiglass installed in your area, should submit a request to email@example.com and your request will be evaluated.
Vaccination and Testing
Masks will help protect our University population and surrounding communities while we continue to get COVID-19 shots in arms. Vaccination is the best way to help our population stay safe and help our campuses fully open. We have been encouraged in recent weeks by the number of people getting the COVID-19 vaccine. If you haven’t already done so, find a provider here; and when you are fully vaccinated, let us know so we can use this information to help drive decisions for our campuses.
Students who fill out the vaccination report form are automatically entered in a drawing for scholarships. This includes a $1,000 scholarship from UWO – 10 will be offered; and a $7,000 scholarship from UW System – eight will be available to UWO students if our student population reaches a 70% vaccination rate.
Testing and vaccines will be available for students and staff on the Oshkosh campus according to the following schedule:
- 3, 4, 5, 6 – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Polk Library – testing and vaccine
- Monday through Friday, Sept. 6 to Oct. 15 – 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Polk – testing and vaccine
- 7 and 9 – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. North and South Scotts – vaccine
- 14 and 16 – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Horizon – vaccine
- 21 and 23 – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fletcher – vaccine
- 28 and 30 – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Evans – vaccine
- 5 and 7 – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Stewart – vaccine
- 12 and 14 – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Donner – vaccine
The COVID-19 situation in our region is changing rapidly and our Emergency Operations Committee and leadership will continue to meet to discuss these changing conditions. Please continue to watch your email for updated information.
Let’s, once and for all, win the battle with COVID-19. Mask up. And Vax Up Titans!
Chancellor Andrew Leavitt
he, him, his