The resources and information on this page will help you successfully navigate questions about COVID-19 testing, quarantine, and isolation.
Students should not come to campus if they need to take a COVID-19 test or if they are awaiting the results of a test. If you are required to self-quarantine, please reach out to your instructors in order to request online accommodations for any in-person classes you are taking.
Residence hall students are being encouraged to have a bag packed this semester with the items they will need for a two-week stay away from their room.
Bias and Harrassment
Racist behaviors and stereotyping are not acceptable at UW Oshkosh. If you experience harassment or discrimination, please file a bias incident report here.
Reporting Positive Cases
If you receive a positive test result for COVID-19, it is vital that you report it as soon as possible through the Positive Case Reporting Form.
If you are required to self-quarantine
If you have been identified as a close contact of someone who tests positive for COVID-19, you will receive a call from a contact tracer. Faculty, staff and students who are not contacted by a contact tracer should assume they are not considered at risk and should continue working or attending classes.
- If you are attending face-to-face classes, email your instructors to inform them you will be unable to attend class due to COVID quarantine.
- If you live on campus, your UWO Contact Tracer will provide a referral to campus quarantine housing. Food delivery to isolation housing is available. You may also choose to self-quarantine at your permanent residence if possible.
- If you live off campus, we recommend that you return to your permanent residence for the duration of your quarantine. You may also be eligible to self-quarantine in on-campus housing. Please contact the Student Health Center for more information.
- If you have a job on campus, notify your supervisor that you will be unable to report to work in person due to COVID quarantine.
- If you are involved in other on-campus activities or extracurriculars, notify your advisor, coach or instructor that you will be unable to participate in face-to-face activities until further notice.
How do I safely self-quarantine?
While you self-quarantine:
- Stay home as much as possible and go out only if absolutely necessary.
- Wash your hands often and practice good hygiene.
- Postpone all non-essential medical appointments until your quarantine is over.
- Do not use public transportation, ride-sharing services or taxis.
- Wear a face covering when you are around others.
- Refer to this guide from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services for more information.
What should I do if someone in my household goes in to get a COVID test?
These resources from the Wisconsin DHS will help you determine how to proceed.
While you wait for your test results
If a member of your household tests positive but does not have symptoms
If a member of your household tests positive
If you have had close contact with someone who tested positive
How to clean and disinfect your living space after a positive case
If your test comes back negative
To learn more about on-campus events and involvement opportunities: