The resources and information on this page will help you successfully navigate questions about COVID-19 testing, quarantine, and isolation.
As of Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2021, UW Oshkosh requires masks indoors for all students regardless of vaccination status.
Students should not go to classes or on-campus events if they test positive for COVID-19, have symptoms of COVID-19 or if they have been exposed to a positive case of COVID-19 and are unvaccinated. If you are required to isolate or quarantine, please reach out to the Dean of Students Office for an Out of Class Letter. Students must then follow up with each of their instructors to complete any academic work that was missed.
Bias and Harrassment
Racist behaviors and stereotyping are not acceptable at UW Oshkosh. If you experience harassment or discrimination, please file a bias incident report here.
Reporting Test Results
If you receive an off-campus test for COVID-19, please report the result as soon as possible through the COVID-19 Off-Campus Testing Report Form.
If you are required to self-quarantine
If you have been identified as a close contact, a disease investigator will contact you with testing and quarantine instructions.
- The length of your quarantine will depend on symptoms, test results, ongoing exposure, and vaccination status. Refer to Wisconsin DHS guidance on quarantine duration. Keep in mind that this guidance may differ if you are currently living with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
- If you are attending face-to-face classes, email your instructors to inform them you will be unable to attend class due to COVID quarantine. You may also fill out the Out of Class letter request form through the Dean of Students office.
- If you live on campus, your UWO Disease Investigator will provide a referral to campus quarantine housing, which includes food/meals. You may also choose to isolate or quarantine at your permanent residence.
- If you live off campus, you may return to your permanent residence for the duration of your quarantine. You may also be eligible to self-quarantine in on-campus housing. Please contact the Student Health Center for more information.
- If you have a job on campus, notify your supervisor that you will be unable to report to work in person due to COVID quarantine.
- If you are involved in other on-campus activities or extracurriculars, notify your advisor, coach or instructor that you will be unable to participate in face-to-face activities until further notice.
How do I safely self-quarantine?
While you self-quarantine:
- Stay home as much as possible and go out only if absolutely necessary.
- Wash your hands often and practice good hygiene.
- Postpone all non-essential medical appointments until your quarantine is over.
- Do not use public transportation, ride-sharing services or taxis.
- Wear a face covering when you are around others.
- Refer to this guide from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services for more information.
What should I do if someone in my household goes in to get a COVID test?
These resources from the Wisconsin DHS will help you determine how to proceed.
While you wait for your test results
If a member of your household tests positive but does not have symptoms
If a member of your household tests positive
If you have had close contact with someone who tested positive
How to clean and disinfect your living space after a positive case
If your test comes back negative
To learn more about on-campus events and involvement opportunities: