Summer campus updates; more about fall
UW Oshkosh Police Chief Kurt Leibold | June 9, 2021
Dear University community,
As we move out of the pandemic and prepare for a fully open fall, I want to update you on the changes we have made so far.
- As of June 1 UWO no longer requires anyone who is fully vaccinated to wear a mask indoors (except at Student Health Services and youth camps) or outdoors on our three campuses.
- You do not need to practice social distancing or undergo COVID-19 surveillance testing if you are fully vaccinated. We are considering if additional guidance is necessary for large events.
- This summer masks will be required for staff and participants in youth programs.
- New signs with new mask guidelines will go up soon.
- Facilities crews are in the process of removing bags on chairs that promoted distancing in our classrooms this past year.
- Much of the enhanced cleaning that took place over the past year will sunset. Offices will be able to purchase cleaning supplies for their areas as they have in the past.
- We encourage the use of hand sanitizer as it helps stem the spread of many germs that cause colds and flu.
Guidelines, Protocols and Procedures
- Last summer we created dozens of protocols so we could safely bring students back to our campuses. Over the summer we will sunset those orders where appropriate and amend others that need to remain in effect. Check the Titans Return website for updates.
- With COVID levels nearly non-existent on our campuses and the numbers of those vaccinated continuing to rise, we anticipate returning to normal operations in the fall. We will have University-wide procedures, but our goal is to return to pre-COVID operations.
- We will continue to evaluate case numbers and their impact on our communities and adjust our procedures when necessary.
- If you are planning or hosting a meeting you may determine if that meeting should be held in person or virtually. We have had great success with virtual meetings, increasing attendance and efficiency in many cases; but some meetings may be best held in person. Organizers have the ability to determine the best format for their meetings. If you can, check with attendees to determine a preferred format.
Athletics and Events
- Athletics will continue to follow COVID-19 protocols established by NCAA and WIAC, but we anticipate fans in the stands and teams on the field in the fall.
- Event management will return to those who typically plan these events. We are considering guidance for large events. More information to come this summer.
Testing and Vaccine
- The COVID-19 testing center at Culver Family Welcome Center is now closed. A ThedaCare mobile testing unit is available 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays and Fridays in the Culver Center parking lot.
- Testing at Albee will continue: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays; noon to 4 p.m. Wednesdays this summer. We will evaluate testing needs for fall and update you when a decision is made.
- The vaccination center at Culver Center will close June 29. Walk-in vaccinations will continue through this month as follows: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays; noon to 5 p.m. Tuesdays; 9 to 11 a.m. Fridays
- If you received a two-dose vaccine, visit https://www.vaccines.gov/ to find a convenient location to get your second dose.
- Once you are fully vaccinated please complete the COVID-19 vaccination report form on the Titans Return website.
I know this is a lot of information, but we want to do our best to keep you up to date so you can make plans for summer and fall. We will continue to communicate with you as we move toward fall.
UWO Police Chief, Chair – Emergency Operations Committee