GET VACCINATED, WIN SCHOLARSHIPS
Would you like a $7,000 scholarship to help you with your college expenses? How about a $1,000 scholarship?
UW System will present at least eight $7,000 scholarships to UWO students who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If that isn’t enough, UWO is also providing an opportunity for students to win one of ten $1,000 scholarships.
If you are fully vaccinated and have filled out the vaccination report form, you are already entered. If you haven’t filled out the form, here’s the link.
If you’re not vaccinated yet, read on for information about the COVID-19 vaccine and where to get vaccinated. Get a full vaccination by October 15 and fill out the form to be automatically entered.
COVID-19 Vaccine Facts
- The vaccine will help keep you from getting COVID-19.
- All vaccines available in the U.S. have been shown to be highly effective at preventing COVID-19.
- The vaccine does not make you sick. Some people have had a sore arm (where the shot was given), as well as tiredness, headache, muscle pain, chills, fever and nausea; particularly after the second shot.
- Even if you’ve had COVID-19, you should still get the vaccine. If you are currently ill with COVID-19, you should wait until you are well before getting the vaccine.
- The vaccine is free to everyone in the United States.
Source: CDC. Find more information here.
How to get the vaccine
On-campus vaccinations at Albee Hall are available 9–3 p.m. on the Oshkosh campus.
- Winnebago County vaccination sites (www.wcvaccine.org)
- Wisconsin vaccine registry (dhs.wisconsin.gov)
- National clearinghouse of vaccine locations (vaccines.gov)
Need help traveling to get your vaccine? Free transportation to and from COVID-19 vaccine appointments is available to residents of Winnebago, Outagamie, and Calumet counties (Winnebago County Public Health)
Don’t wait, sign up for your COVID-19 vaccination today. Let’s all do our part to move our campuses back to normal.
Wisconsinites can now call (844) 684-1064 (toll-free) for personal assistance with their vaccine-related questions.
More COVID-19 vaccination resources from Advocate Aurora Health:
Top 10 things you need to know about the COVID-19 vaccine (PDF)
How safe is the COVID-19 vaccine? (PDF)
The COVID-19 vaccine: Myths and Facts
VIDEO: Questions about the vaccine? Here are the answers.
COVID-19 Vaccination FAQ
Learn about other COVID-19 vaccination sites in the area:
As mentioned by Chancellor Leavitt last week, we will celebrate reaching a 70% COVID-19 vaccination rate for students and a 78% rate for employees on Wednesday, Oct. 6. Free ice cream for all students and employees will be served.
UWO has rung the bell on COVID-19! Today I am thrilled to announce UWO students have reached a 70% COVID-19 vaccination rate. THANK YOU!
Welcome back, UWO Titans. In today’s communication you will find: Vaccination updates, scholarships and incentives, testing and mask requirements, and reporting for tests and vaccinations.