Results of a recent University of Wisconsin System survey about free speech and civil dialogue will be the topic of a panel discussion at 2:30 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 1, in the Culver Family Welcome Center at UW Oshkosh.
UW System President Jay Rothman will host and moderate discussion of what the survey conduced by the Wisconsin Institute for Public Policy and Service (WIPPS) revealed about students’ perceptions, rights and responsibilities.
The panel includes:
- Franciska A. Coleman, assistant professor of law and associate director of the East Asian Legal Studies Center, UW-Madison
- Eric Giordano, WIPPS executive director
- Rep. David Murphy, R-Greenville, chair, Assembly Committee on Colleges and Universities
- Ryan Owens, George C. and Carmella P. Edwards professor of American Politics and Leon Epstein Faculty Fellow, UW-Madison
- Sen. Kelda Roys, D-Madison, member, Senate Committee on Universities and Revenue
The Culver Family Welcome Center is located at 625 Pearl Ave., Oshkosh.