- UW Oshkosh received $25,000 from University of Wisconsin System for Collaborative Communities in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Education.
Michelle Fleming (COEHS) is project director.
- UW Oshkosh received $40,712 from the National Science Foundation for Powering the Planet: A Chemical Bonding Center in the Direct Conversion of Sunlight into Chemical Fuel. Jennifer Schuttlefield (Chemistry) is project director.
- UW Oshkosh received $54,608 from EPA/EMR, Inc. for Sampling and Enterococci Analysis in Manitowoc, Wis.Colleen McDermott (Biology/Microbiology) is project director.
- UW Oshkosh received $20,535 from the US Department of Education for year two of Science Futures: Developing Teacher Leaders for School Reform.Eric Brunsell (COEHS) is project director and Michelle Fleming (COEHS) is the project evaluator.
- UW Oshkosh Chancellor Richard H. Wells recognized three academic staff members with the 2011 Outstanding Service Award. Shelly Rutz, Lori Develice Collins and Lisa Danielson will be recognized at the opening day activities on Sept. 6, 2011. In support of continued professional development, the Outstanding Service Award carries a stipend of $500 that will be awarded at the time of recognition.
- UW Oshkosh Chancellor Richard H. Wells selected Kay Neal to receive the Barbara G. Sniffen Faculty Governance Award for 2010-2011. Neal will be recognized during opening day activities on Sept. 6, 2011.
- The United States Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) has selected UW Oshkosh’s Pat Ebel as its 2011 NCAA Division III Women’s Outdoor Track and Field Coach of the Year. Ebel recently led UW Oshkosh to its ninth national outdoor title with a dominating performance at the NCAA Division III Championship. Read more.
- UW Oshkosh’s Holly Ozanich has been chosen as the NCAA Division III Women’s Outdoor Field Athlete of the Year by the United States Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA). Read more.
Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to contribute calendar items, campus announcements and other good news to UW Oshkosh Today.