University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Chancellor Andrew J. Leavitt issued the following on Feb. 6, 2015:
“Shared governance is a fundamental strength of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. That was clear to me on my first visit to campus and resonated with me as I made the decision to make UW Oshkosh my home.
“Next week, I mark the 100-day milestone of my tenure here. With that, I plan to make several announcements throughout the course of the week as well as reflect on what I’ve learned during these three months. I want to begin these announcements today with, what I consider to be, a key enhancement to our shared governance commitment.
“I have named and charged an expanded leadership group to advise me and assist in decision-making as we move forward as an institution. This new group, the Leadership Council, includes key positions from throughout UW Oshkosh and will become my primary advising group.
“The first Leadership Council meeting will be held on Wednesday, Feb. 11. The Council will meet every other week for two hours.
“The Leadership Council is made up of people in the following roles:
Shared Governance Leadership
1. Faculty Senate President
2. Senate of Academic Staff President
3. Oshkosh Student Association President
4. University Staff Council President
6. Special Assistant to the Chancellor
7. Director of Equity and Affirmative Action
Division of Academic Affairs
8. Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
9. Dean of the College of Letters and Sciences
10. Dean of the College of Education and Human Services
11. Dean of the College of Nursing
12. Dean of the College of Business
13. Dean of Graduate Studies
14. Dean/Assistant Vice Chancellor of Lifelong Learning and Community Engagement
Division of Student Affairs
15. Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
16. Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Engagement and Success/Dean of Students
Division of University Advancement
17. Vice Chancellor for University Advancement and President of the UW Oshkosh Foundation, Inc.
18. Assistant Vice Chancellor for Integrated Marketing Communications
Division of Finance and Administration
19. Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration
20. Associate Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration”