The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is participating in a state-wide competition to see which school can recycle the most plastic wrap and bags through April 15, 2016.
The Plastic Film Recycling Challenge hosted by Trex challenges schools to recycle as many pounds of plastic bags and plastic wrap as possible before Earth Day.
The winning school will be awarded a recycled plastic bench on Earth Day made of the bags the campus community has recycled.
During December, UW Oshkosh recycled more than 100 pounds of plastic wrap.
How to help:
Bring plastic wrap and plastic bags to campus and recycle them in the designated bins. Types of plastic that can be recycled include: grocery bags, newspaper bags, dry cleaning bags, bread and produce bags (clean), plastic wrap from bottled beverages and paper products (bath tissue, paper towel) and plastic bubble packaging.
Bin locations include:
- Dempsey Hall (second floor, near Finance and Administration)
- Halsey Science Center (first floor, near biology offices)
- Polk Library (main entrance)
- Reeve Memorial Union (near Bookstore and Reeve administration offices)
- Sage Hall (first floor, parking lot entrance)
Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to contribute calendar items, campus announcements and other news to UW Oshkosh Today.