The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is participating in a state-wide competition for recycling plastic film.
The Plastic Film Recycling Challenge is hosted by the Trex Company, a manufacturer of products made from recycled plastics including decking boards and benches. The winning school will receive a bench made from recycled plastic on Earth Day. The competition runs through April 15, 2017.
Last year, more than 1,100 pounds of plastic film were sent to to Trex, which helped UW Oshkosh earn a bench for campus.
How to participate
Bring plastic wrap and plastic bags to campus and place them in the designated bins.
Types of plastic that may be recycled: grocery bags, bread bags, case overwrap, newspaper sleeves, dry cleaning bags, produce bags, ice bags, wood pellet bags, zip-lock and other re-sealable bags, bubble warp, salt bags and cereal bags. All materials must be clean, dry and free of food residue.
Bin locations include:
- Dempsey Hall (second floor, near Finance and Administration)
- Halsey Science Center (main floor)
- Polk Library (main entrance)
- Reeve Union (near Bookstore)
- Sage Hall (first floor, parking lot entrance)
- Blackhawk (near parking services and cafeteria)