This summer, 21 University of Wisconsin Oshkosh students furthered their educational and career opportunities through participating in summer internships at the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA).
The student positions at EAA required them to use skills they gained in the classroom and apply them to a real-world setting. EAA officials said having the interns work within the organization this summer “is one of the reasons our annual EAA AirVenture Oshkosh is always so successful and beneficial to the greater Oshkosh community.”
“Through interning at EAA, I had the chance to gain valuable work experience and expand my current knowledge in marketing. I really enjoyed the wide range of projects that I was allowed to take part in,” Mitchell Krause, marketing intern, said. “The continuously growing partnership between UW Oshkosh and EAA has given me this opportunity, which has become a great stepping stone for my future career.”
Krause’s summer stint was highlighted when he became a superhero during the visit of comic book legend Stan Lee, creator of Spider Man and other iconic heroes.
“Being able to see people from UW Oshkosh at AirVenture was really exciting because I was able to share my job with my peers and witness how they responded to all of the features and attractions EAA had to offer,” said Sarah Neubauer, another marketing intern who helped with the B-17 tour program.
“I am very thankful UW Oshkosh provided me with the opportunity to speak with EAA representatives at the Career Fair and how they adequately prepared me for this position.”
UW Oshkosh interns and positions:
- Alyssa Wolslegel, Marketing Intern
- Ti Windisch, Publications Intern
- Ciara Powell, Administrative Assistant
- Rachel Roloff, Donor Development Intern
- Sami Arndt, Retail Intern
- Drew Litrenta, Membership Services Intern
- Abbey Maas, Convention Administration Intern
- Bridget Geniesse, Convention Administration Intern
- Katlin Meser, IT Intern
- Sarah Neubauer, Marketing Intern
- Abbey Jorgenson, Photo Intern
- Madeline Hass, Pioneer Airport Intern
- Kelsey Kaiser, Video/Photo Intern
- Dan Parker, Events Intern
- Geoff Pritzl, Video Intern
- Hunter Hackbart, Distribution Associate/ Finance Intern
- Mitchell Krause, Marketing Intern
- Cameron Buelow, IT Intern
- Jenna Aman, Human Resources Intern
- Alex Woodward, Supply Chain Intern/ Distribution Associate
- Alden Frautschy, Video Intern
The Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) is based in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, and embodies the spirit of aviation through the world’s most engaged community of aviation enthusiasts. EAA’s 200,000 members and 900 local chapters enjoy the fun and camaraderie of sharing their passion for flying, building and restoring recreational aircraft. For more information on EAA and its programs, call 800-JOIN-EAA (800-564-6322) or go to www.eaa.org.