Project is partnership between FDL County and university
A groundbreaking ceremony for the new University of Wisconsin-Fond du Lac on-campus housing facility will be at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 17. The public is invited to attend the event which will be held outside near the Physical Education Building, located on Campus Drive. In the event of inclement weather, all activities will be held in the University Center Commons.
The groundbreaking ceremony will include remarks by the following speakers:
- Allen Buechel, Fond du Lac County Executive
- Cathy Sandeen, UW Colleges and UW-Extension Chancellor
- Martin Rudd, UW Colleges Northeast Regional Executive Officer and Dean
- Ken Depperman, Fond du Lac County Board of Supervisors, Chair of U.W. Extension, Agriculture and Recreation Committee
- Steve Harms, Tri North Builders, Inc. Director of Pre-Construction Services
The 121-bed apartment-style building is scheduled to be ready for students for the fall 2017 semester.
The campus land and UW-Fond du Lac buildings are owned by Fond du Lac County, which has entered into a public/private partnership for construction of the student housing facility with Tri North Builders, Inc. Excel Engineering is the architect. Once completed, the facility will be operated and managed by Best Management on Campus, Inc., a company which specializes in student housing property management.