Ten successful University of Wisconsin Oshkosh graduates have been chosen to receive top honors for 2019 by the Alumni Association Board of Directors.
Distinguished Alumni Awards for those active in their professional fields and widely recognized for their career accomplishments and Outstanding Young Alumni Awards for those who exhibit professional and civic accomplishments and future promise within 15 years of graduating will be presented on campus at the Alumni Awards Celebration in October.
Distinguished Alumni Award recipients include:
- Terence (Feldman) Davis ’71, speech major, of Palm Desert, California, vice president of West Valley National Bank and founder of Great Music Inc.;
- John Dobyns ’92, biology major, of Oshkosh, UW Oshkosh outreach and operations director for the Cooperative Academic Partnership Program;
- Michael Ford ’83 MSE, of Oshkosh, UWO College of Education and Human Services professor emeritus and independent educational consultant;
- Patrick Gaughan ’71, sociology major, of Jacksonville, Florida, physical surgical assistant and volunteer coordinator for WeCCare Foundation at Hadassah Medical Center, Yaounde, Cameroon;
- Karen Gibson ’86 and ’90 MA, English major, of Winneconne, retired associate professor and Educational Leadership and Policy Graduate Program coordinator in UWO’s College of Education and Human Services;
- Tamie (Knoll) Hopp ’91, economics and criminal justice majors, of Black Hawk, South Dakota, alumni and foundation services director at the National American University;
- Josalyn (Bergholz) Longley ’00, criminal justice major, of Sun Prairie, emergency preparedness coordinator, Dane County Sheriff’s Office; and
- Christine (Melger) Ludwig ’97, nursing major, of San Antonio, Texas, colonel in the U.S. Army and patient integration director, Office of the Surgeon General.
Outstanding Young Alumni award winners are:
- Amber Carriveau ’09 MSN and ’12 DNP, of Holt, Michigan, Family Nurse Practitioner program director and assistant professor at Michigan State University; and
- Nardalyn Johnson ’05 BBA and ’06 BSN, management information systems and accelerated nursing majors, of McHenry, Illinois, certified nurse informaticist and senior Epic clinical consultant for various healthcare organizations, most recently University of Rochester Medical Center, New York.
For more information about the Alumni Awards Celebration set for Friday, Oct. 18, during Homecoming 2019, please contact the Alumni Relations office at (920) 424-3449 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.