- This event has passed.
Mental Health Support Training – Supervisors
October 14, 2019, 9:30 am–11:30 amFree
“Leading Resilient Teams: How to Support Your Employees’ Mental Health and Safety”
The topic of mental health can be overwhelming, confusing and even uncomfortable to some. Fighting the stigma associated with mental health starts with all of us. This is why we are committing to further cultivate a campus culture of caring and engagement around mental health.
Presented by Mettie Spiess, the 2016 National Alliance on Mental Illness Education Advancement Award Winner, international keynote speaker and the founder of A World Without Suicide, the Mental Health Support Training for supervisors will help you to understand the key role that managers play in supporting employee mental health.
1. Gain confidence in learning the specific “dos” & “don’ts” when communicating with employees about mental health.
2. Develop leadership skills to increase resilience and engagement within their teams.
3. Learn how to identify and safely respond to mental health issues early.
4. Practice critical response steps to take in an employee mental health/suicidal crisis.
5. Overcome the fear and stigma of talking about mental health in the workplace.