Office: (920) 424-2442
Media Line: (920) 267-0628
Media Email: email@example.com
The following brand elements outline the messaging strategy for UW Oshkosh. Collectively highlighting these concepts will help the broader public understand what truly makes our campus unique.
Opportunity of Place
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh has a unique advantage being located in the highly populated northeast Wisconsin region. The region provides limitless opportunities for internships, employment, community service and research for students. The city of Oshkosh provides an urban setting with many amenities, making it a great place to live, work and play.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is a nationally ranked leader in sustainability.
Be a part of something bigger than yourself. The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is ranked third in the country for its work in sustainability. This foundational element for UW Oshkosh is infused in our curriculum, our daily lives and demonstrates internationally what a university can do to change the world.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is a research-enhanced comprehensive university.
UW Oshkosh delivers a student-centered education that is not commonly associated with regional comprehensive universities – providing a full range of undergraduate and graduate research opportunities. Faculty members have strong research and publishing credentials while keeping their teaching a top priority.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is redefining general education in this country.
The newly launched general education at UW Oshkosh provides students with an assessable, common intellectual experience that also embraces the traditional breadth of a liberal arts education to prepare them for the challenges of work, engaged citizenship and a meaningful and satisfying life. The new University Studies Program is being looked at nationally as a new model for general education in this country.
At the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, students are at the heart of all we do.
UW Oshkosh provides a hands-on, collaborative academic experience, promoting discovery in a community that celebrates inclusive excellence, fuels imagination, and champions critical thinking and opportunity in a supportive and caring environment. With a campus big enough to provide opportunity but small enough to provide support, student success is at the heart of all we do.
A brand promise is a simple, powerful statement declaring an organization’s commitment to its constituencies. A brand promise is based on distinctiveness and authenticity — a memorable claim that an organization owns and lives. We are committed to fulfilling these promises, but if we fall short, we acknowledge it head-on, learn from it and do our best to make things right.
UW Oshkosh has several constituencies: students, alumni, faculty and staff, the community, our partners and our environment. To each we make a distinct brand promise.
Our promise to our students
UW Oshkosh provides a hands-on, collaborative academic experience, promoting discovery in an environment that celebrates inclusive excellence, fuels imagination, and champions critical thinking and opportunity.
Our promise to our alumni
UW Oshkosh sends its graduates into the world as talented, liberally educated, technically skilled global citizens who are fully engaged as leaders and participants in economic, civic, political and social life and who have lifelong ties to the University.
Our promise to our faculty and staff
UW Oshkosh is a center of excellence that provides continuous opportunities for research and professional growth in a caring environment that encourages diversity, inclusivity and open dialogue.
Our promise to our local communities and region
UW Oshkosh is a regional center for the celebration of knowledge, culture and community that nurtures openness, imagination, diversity and opportunity. We partner with our community constituencies, actively listening to their needs and developing educational opportunities that shape our collective, global future.
Our promise to our business and educational partners
UW Oshkosh is an environment of expertise, opportunity and openness. We encourage growth, offer collaboration, and provide access to innovative resources, people and ideas. We respond to our partners’ needs in open and forthright ways.
Our promise to our environment
UW Oshkosh strives to use resources responsibly, and demonstrates leadership in environmental, social and economic sustainability.
Brand attributes can be seen as a collection of facts about a product, service or organization. They describe the function, the features and the strengths of an entity.
Key Brand Attributes of UW Oshkosh
- Affordable, accessible, high-quality education that prepares students to become strong partners, responsible leaders, agile thinkers and active learners, who create and thrive in a diverse society.
- Small classes taught by engaged professors who are leaders in their fields of study and who provide students with one-on-one interaction.
- Curricula that emphasize critical thinking, enhance learning outcomes and provide graduates with both intellectual and practical skills to positively impact their communities now and in the future.
- Forward-looking programs and technology-intensive learning opportunities that prepare students to discover and put innovation into practice, whether they pursue further education or careers in their chosen fields.
- Partnerships and collaborations that offer opportunities for innovation and growth, building a foundation for a stronger Wisconsin.
- A commitment to providing abundant opportunities for life-changing experiences, such as internships, study abroad, on- and off-campus leadership and collaborative research projects.
- The foresight to recognize emerging trends in a changing landscape and the agility to respond in ways that best serve our University, as well as our broader regional, state, and national communities.
- A dedication to creating a more sustainable future through the University’s operations, its educational mission, its research and its outreach.