Home of the University Studies Program (USP) & the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL)
Due to Covid-19, the Pollock House is not currently available to reserve.
Pollock House Reservations
The historic Pollock House space may be
used by small groups for meetings and events.
Please submit a reservation request here:
Reserve a room in the Pollock House, and
you will be notified by email if the space
requested is available and if your meeting/event has been approved.
- Pollock House room reservations are based upon availability.
- Events may begin no earlier than 4 p.m. on weekdays, with setup occurring no earlier than 3 p.m., unless prior approval has been obtained.
- Those requesting to have alcohol at their event must submit an Alcohol Authorization Permit Request to UW Police a minimum of 10 business days prior to event. If approved, you must send letter of approval to USP@uwosh.edu prior to the event.
- Event time includes setup and cleanup time.
- Those who rent the space are responsible for setup and cleanup.
Fee structure is as follows:
|Recognized Student Organizations||
Free for meetings & events
Free for meetings
(See below for event charges)
Pollock House space available:
|Free for meetings|
Lower level of Pollock House
Lower level includes all or part of the following rooms:
$ 50 – Events up to two hours
$100 – Events two hours or more
$ 25 fee for projector & screen setup
*Event time includes setup and cleanup time
Pollock House rental fees are used to support activities at the Pollock House, the University Studies Program (USP) or the Center for Excellence in Teaching in Learning (CETL).
History of the Pollock House
This Mediterranean Revival style house was built in 1920 for Oshkosh industrialist William E. Pollock, one of the early leaders of the company that would become OshKosh B’Gosh. Pollock bought the Algoma Boulevard property in 1919 from William Radford, one of the founders of the Radford Company. He demolished the Radford home. In 1920, the Fluor Brothers of Oshkosh built the house that exists today. The cost was $19,000.
In 1943, Pollock donated the house to the Oshkosh State Teachers College and it was used as a dormitory from 1945 until 1967. The house was occupied by the administrative offices of the newly formed College of Nursing (CON) from 1967-70. When the CON moved into the “new” Nursing/Education building, the Alumni Association began to call Pollock House their home. The Alumni Association moved to the Alumni Welcome and Conference Center in 2014.
Two programs now occupy this historic home: the University Studies Program (USP), and the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL), which is designed to enhance student learning through an excellent teaching community.
Thousands of alumni, students, faculty, and visitors have attended functions at this campus landmark. Visitors have included former President Jimmy Carter, former United Nations Ambassador Jean Kirkpatrick and Pulitzer Prize winning playwright Edward Albee as well as other government officials, scientists and foreign dignitaries.
Read more about the history of the Pollock House.
The William E. Pollock House was added to the National Register of Historic Places on December 6, 1984 and the State Register on January 1, 1989. Additional information can be found on the Wisconsin Historical Society website.