CIVIC AND LEARNING ARTICLES AND READINGS
All of the articles and readings provide below are specific to the Civic Learning Signature Question.
- Civic Engagement in Higher Education: Concepts and Practices: Chapter 3: Educating Students for Personal and Social Responsibility: The Civic Learning Spiral by Caryn McTighe Musil Copyright 2009
- Civic Engagement in the Classroom: Strategies for Incorporating Education for Civic and Social Responsibility in the Undergraduate Curriculum by Ariane Liazos and Jan R. Liss from the August 2990 White Paper by Project Pericles
- The Articulated Learning: An Approach to Guided Reflection and Assessment by Sarah L. Ash and Patti H. Clayton from the Winter 2004 issue ofInnovative Higher Education
- Educating the “Good” Citizen: Political Choices and Pedagogical Goals by Joel Westheimer and Joseph Kahne from the April 2004 issue of PS: Political Science and Politics
- The Power of Experential Education by Janet Eyler from the AAC&U Fall 2009 issue of Liberal Education
- Civic Learning and Democratic Engagements: A Review of the Literature on Civic Engagement in Post-Secondary Education by Ashley Finley from AAC&U, May 24, 2011
- Changing an Urban Neighborhood, One Peach Orchard at a Time by Sophie Quinton for The National Journal, June 5, 2013
- Separate Ways, Separate We(s) by Paul Van Auken, February 1, 2014, updated December 27, 2016.