INTERCULTURAL KNOWLEDGE ARTICLES AND READINGS
All of the articles and readings provide below are specific to the Intercultural Knowledge Signature Question.
- Being Black at a Predominantly White University by David L. Wallace and Annissa Bell from the January 1999 issue of College English
- The First Year at LaGuardia Community College by Paul Arcario from the Spring 2009 issue of Diversity & Democracy: Civic Learning for Shared Futures (an AAC&U publication)
- Race-Conscious Student Engagement Practices and the Equitable Distribution of Enriching Educational Experiences by Shaun R. Harper from the Fall 2009 issue of Liberal Education (an AAC&U publication)
- Making Excellence Inclusive: A Framework for Embedding Diversity and Inclusion into Colleges and Universities’ Academic Excellence Mission by Alma R. Clayton-Pederson, Nancy O’Neil and Caryn McTighe Musil (n.d.)
- Assessing Intercultural Competence by Darla K. Deardorff from the Spring 2011 issue of New Directions for Institutional Research
- Keeping Close to Home: Class and Education from the 1999 book Talking Back: Thinking Feminist, Thinking Black
- An Address on Native American Culture from UW Oshkosh student and President of the Inter-Tribal Student Organization, Kris Tucker.