All of the articles and readings provide below are specific to the Sustainability Signature Question.
- Definitions of Sustainability by Stephanie Spehar, UW Oshkosh Sustainability Fellow
- Sustainability: What’s the Big Idea? A Strategy for Transforming the Higher Education Curriculum by Daniel J. Sherman from the June 2008 Sustainability: The Journal of Record
- Four Challenges of Sustainability by David W. Orr, School of Natural Resources at the University of Vermont (From the Spring Seminar Series 2003 – Ecological Economics)
- Critical Thinking, Transforming Learning, Sustainable Education, and Problem-Based Learning in Universities by Ian Thomas from the July 2009 Journal of Transformative Education
- Measuring Up to Sustainability by Alan Fricker from the May 1998 issue of Futures.
- Sustainable education – towards a deep learning response to unsustainability by Stephen Sterling from the Spring 2008 issue of Policy & Practice: A Development Education Review