UWO Women’s Center
Campus Center for Equity & Diversity
717 W. Irving Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
Hours for the week of 11/20/23:
Fall 2023 Hours:
Women’s Advocacy Council
The Women’s Advocacy Council (WAC) is a student organization on campus dedicated to feminist activism. The student members lead and participate in campus activism around gender equity topics, bring speakers to campus, and co-sponsor many other events and activities.
Fall 2023 Meetings:
Tuesdays (dates below) from 4:00-5:00 p.m. in the Center for Pride and Gender Equity (formerly the Women’s Center)
- September 12, 19, 26
- September 26: We will meet in Reeve 306 at 4:00 p.m. for Socialized Female: Stories from Beyond the Binary
- October 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
- October 10: From 2:00-4:00 p.m. (right before our meeting) WAC will be hosting our WAC-a-Scale event in the Horizon Amphitheater
- October 17: WAC will be cancelled. Please attend the Fox Valley Take Back the Night Event from 5:00-8:00 p.m. in the Culver Family Welcome Center instead.
- October 31: Feel free to come in costume!
- November 7, 14, 21, 28
- December 5: End of Semester Celebration!
WAC Believes You
WAC Believes You is a peer-led group to support victims/survivors of sexual and interpersonal violence and their allies. The focus will be on education, growth, healing, and connection with others. This is NOT a clinical/counseling support group. If you are looking to build community and further your healing, we would love to have you join us! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For Fall 2023, the group will meet from 5:00-6:00 p.m. in the Center for Pride and Gender Equity (formerly the Women’s Center) on the following dates:
- September 13
- October 11
- November 8
Contact the Women’s Advocacy Council