The Writing Center’s staff is made up of 25-30 writing coaches. Continue reading below to learn more about each of our coaches.
No one is ever finished becoming a better writer.
Getting feedback is part of everyone’s writing process.
The Writing Center’s mission is to . . .
- Provide free, one-to-one sessions for writers of any level of expertise and in any discipline
- Assist writers at any stage of the writing process for any assignment or project
- Provide a comfortable, friendly, nonjudgmental place to explore and develop ideas
- Help writers become better critical thinkers through collaborative learning
- Recognize that writers must take full authority over their own writing
- Support writers from diverse backgrounds with a wide range of experiences
- Respond to individual writers’ needs
We can help you . . .
- Brainstorm ideas
- Cite your sources correctly
- Improve your writing process
- Learn and apply grammatical rules
- Prepare for speeches and presentations
- Organize and coherently express your ideas
- Learn skills you need to edit and proofread your work
- Evaluate how well your paper follows the assignment directions
Fall 2023 Hours
Sunday: 4pm - 8pm
Monday: 8:30am - 8pm*
Tuesday: 8:30am - 8pm*
Wednesday: 8:30am - 8pm*
Thursday: 8:30am - 8pm*
Friday: 8:30am -4pm
*Online starting at 4:00 p.m.
What are writers saying about us?
“It is helpful having a new set of eyes on a paper to point out what does not make sense or what things should change.”
2D Studio Art
Medical Laboratory Science
Dr. Crystal Mueller (She/Her)
Writing Center Director
Writing Center Program Specialist
“eTutoring makes it so convenient to get help, it’s nice to have a second pair of eyes go over my papers.”
“After receiving the feedback, I now feel 100% confident with my paper. The comments were very helpful and I was able to expand on some opportunities she provided.“
Multimedia Journalism, PR
Dez (Any Pronouns)
English Secondary Education
English Liberal Arts
Clinical Mental Health Emphasis
Creative Writing, ASL
Human Services Leadership
German, Professional Writing
Instrumental Music Education