No one is ever finished becoming a better writer.
Getting feedback is part of everyone’s writing process.
The Writing Center’s mission is to . . .
- Provide free, one-to-one sessions for writers of any level of expertise and in any discipline
- Assist writers at any stage of the writing process for any assignment or project
- Provide a comfortable, friendly, nonjudgmental place to explore and develop ideas
- Help writers become better critical thinkers through collaborative learning
- Recognize that writers must take full authority over their own writing
- Support writers from diverse backgrounds with a wide range of experiences
- Respond to individual writers’ needs
We can help you . . .
- Brainstorm ideas
- Cite your sources correctly
- Improve your writing process
- Learn and apply grammatical rules
- Prepare for speeches and presentations
- Organize and coherently express your ideas
- Learn skills you need to edit and proofread your work
- Evaluate how well your paper follows the assignment directions