Electrical Engineering Technology
Prepare for a career in a growing field
Electrical engineering technology prepares students for a career as an electrical engineering technologist with the technical and managerial skills necessary to enter careers in the design, application, installation, manufacturing, operation and maintenance of electrical/electronic systems. Students specialize in product improvement, manufacturing, construction and operational engineering functions.
Program Educational Objectives
These Program Educational Outcomes describe the qualities and circumstances that we expect graduates of our program to embody 3-5 years after earning their degrees. The Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Electrical Engineering Technology is founded on a well-rounded, liberal education program that will prepare graduates with the skills to succeed and adapt to change in today’s rapidly evolving workplace.
- Graduates will be employed in a degree-related field and begin to assume greater responsibility and leadership within their company;
- Graduates will communicate effectively in oral, written, and visual modes and exhibit ethical behavior, professionalism and a respect for diversity as they pursue a career in industry;
- Graduates will apply their critical thinking skills and knowledge of engineering and technology to identify, analyze, and solve problems during the design, development, implementation and improvement phases of projects;
- Graduates will pursue lifelong learning and continuous improvement through additional training, active membership in professional societies, and other high quality developmental endeavors.
- The application of circuit analysis and design, computer programming, associated software, analog and digital electronics, and microcomputers, and engineering standards to the building, testing, operation, and maintenance of electrical/electronic(s) systems;
- The application of natural sciences and mathematics at or above the level of algebra and trigonometry to the building, testing, operation, and maintenance of electrical/electronic systems;
- The ability to analyze, design, and implement one or more of the following: control systems, instrumentation systems, communications systems, computer systems, or power systems;
- The ability to apply project management techniques to electrical/electronic(s) systems; and
- The ability to utilize differential and integral calculus, as a minimum, to characterize the performance of electrical/electronic systems.
- An ability to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the discipline to broadly-defined engineering technology activities;
- An ability to select and apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies;
- An ability to conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments; and to apply experimental results to improve processes;
- An ability to design systems, components, or processes for broadly-defined engineering technology problems appropriate to program educational objectives;
- An ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team;
- An ability to identify, analyze, and solve broadly-defined engineering technology problems;
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- An understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development;
- An understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity;
- A knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context; and
- A commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
Department of Engineering & Engineering Technology
Fax: (920) 424-1581
Department of Engineering and Engineering Technology