Open Meeting Calendar
- This event has passed.
Graduate Council Meeting
December 5, 2019 @ 1:20 pm - 2:20 pm
Sage Hall 2210
1. Approval of the November 7, 2019 Council minutes (1 minute)
2. CAC Action Items (Don Heath) (10 mins)
a. Form C – Nursing
i. Eliminate GAP
ii. Eliminate Healthcare Informatics Certificate
iii. Shared graduate credits BSN@Home : MSN
b. Form C – MBA: Add BUS 796 as elective to HR emphasis
3. Discussion Items (50 minutes)
a. Chair selection process in Spring 2020 (see bylaws)
ii. Who’s interested?
b. Separate Grad Commencement – Time to Reconsider?
i. Student concerns
ii. Future changes because of access campuses
iii. Pre- or post-commencement?. Separate reception?
c. Enrollment Management
i. Stats – Sp20 enrollment – (-12%, 12/2/19)
ii. Items to Consider
1. Express admission
2. Eliminate standardized admission test; under consideration for UG Admissions
1. Admissions and enrollments underway for MS – ITM and ABT
d. Provost’s Advisory Committee on University-wide Academic Structure (PACUAS) discussion and Q&A | PACUAS survey (Representative – Jennifer Christus, Chemistry)
4. Items from the Floor (as time permits)
5. Information Items
a. Dianne Parker began 11/25 in the Graduate Studies office. Her first Council meeting will be Feb 6, 2020.