Day four was full of adventure and excitement! We started off the day by heading out to find breakfast. We found our selves at this amazing place called ORWASHERS! I would for sure recommend this place If you are ever in New York and want a great place to have breakfast. After breakfast we walked over to Central Park where we spent a couple hours walking around and looking at all the statues. We also got some beautiful pictures!
Once that was over, we made our way to GHMC for our first day of actual volunteering! We spent a couple hours serving food to the clients of GHMC. I must say personally that it was one of the most rewarding experiences I have experienced. The joyful atmosphere that was in the air was radiating and filled my heart with so much love and joy. Once we were done serving lunch to the clients, we went to help with some of the prep work for the AIDS walk. After helping out sort cards our first day of actually volunteering was over!
To keep the amazing day going we took the subway over to the 9/11 memorial. Although we were excited to see the memorial, I believe that I can speak for everyone in our group when I say our condolences go out to the families and friends connected to the victims of 9/11. This event is a huge part of our history, so while going was exciting, we do recognize the meaning behind the memorial. Once we finished at the memorial we headed over to flatiron building. After seeing so many pictures of it it was very cool to see it in person. Our last stop of the day was TACOBMI which is a delicious Mexican spot! Again I would totally recommend! We had a very busy impactful day and we can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings! (Actually it brings seeing the broadway show waitress! ) super excited! 🙂