FIND YOUR VOICE AND USE ITCommunication Studies at UW Oshkosh
We are excited to present you with the information you need to learn more about communication studies majors and minors. The Communication Studies Program is best known for its relevant and future career-enhancing courses with professors from all around the country and abroad.
Communication Studies is an active program with 190 majors, 23 minors, five full-time faculty and 10 instructors.
Who Should Major in Communication Studies?
Communication Studies is a great fit for students who have multiple interests and diverse talents. The major is a great option for students who:
- Can empathize with others
- Are good listeners
- Are inquisitive and love to learn
- Can see both sides of an argument
- Like to teach and inform others
- Want to impact their community
Areas of Study
Working with an adviser, students can design their major to be a communication generalist or concentrate their studies in one of the following areas:
- Communication and Human Relationships (Interpersonal Communication)
- Communication and Organizations (Organizational Communication)
- Rhetoric and Public Advocacy
Please explore this website to find out if this major is right for you! Areas of potential interest may be our course offerings, student organizations and becoming familiar with our faculty and staff.