BIPOC Mental Health Awareness
- Black and African American Communities
- Latinx/Hispanic Communities
- A complete list of Spanish language materials can be found at: www.mhanational.org/latinxhispanic-communities-informacion-y-materiales-de-salud-mental-en-espanol
- Asian American/Pacific Islander Communities
- Native and Indigenous Communities
- LGBTQ+ Communities
Consider Sharing Your Story
If you are suffering from mental illness or feel at risk do not hesitate to get help. Here are a few free services to reach out to.
Need Immediate Help? Call 911. It’s important to let the operator to know it is a psychiatric emergency and ask for police officers trained in crisis intervention or trained in assisting people experiencing a psychiatric emergency.
Trans Lifeline: 877.565.8860; connect to community, support, and resources
NAMI Helpline: 800.950.6264; Monday-Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm CT; Online Knowledge Center
Mental & Behavioral Health Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741-741; 24/7 crisis support via text message
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800.799.7233 (TTY: 800-787-3224) or chat by texting LOVEIS to 1-866-331-9474; 24/7 support or seeking resources and information