Delta Sigma Phi
Founded (nationally): December 10, 1899
Founded (locally): May 5, 1965
Motto: “Better Men, Better Lives”
Colors: Nile Green and White
Omega Delta Phi
Founded (nationally): November 25, 1987
Founded (locally): May 27, 2006
Motto: “It Grows As It Goes”
Colors: Scarlet, Silver and Black
Joining a fraternity can feel like a pretty anxious process because you don’t know what to expect. Maybe you have seen the Hollywood depiction of fraternity life or you have listened to the news stories that have come out about the fraternity experience at other institutions across the country? We can promise you that Hollywood exaggerates everything and that the news stories you have heard do not depict all fraternal communities. Our goal at UW Oshkosh is, through the fraternity recruitment process, to give you a glimpse into the fraternity experience on our campus. Our fraternities are dedicated to excellence in all areas of their lives – scholarship, service, leadership, and respect for all. We want to be as transparent as possible to all interested male-identified students and their families/friends about who we are and what values are important to us.
Below is a list of events coming up this fall. We hope that you will take the time to attend a few of them so you can get to know our current undergraduate members!
Events Open to All Students:
- Sept 1st – Sundae Sendoff, Reeve Memorial Union Titan Underground, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Sept 2nd – Welcome Back Glow Party, Albee Hall Patio, 8-11 p.m.
- Sept 3rd – Taste of UW Oshkosh, Front of Polk Library, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Sept 4th – Fraternity & Sorority Life Information Meeting, Reeve Union 307, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- September 10th – Fraternity & Sorority Life Meet and Greet, Reeve Union Ballroom C, 6-7 p.m.
All those interested in joining a fraternity must attend a Fraternity Life 101 program where we will talk about the fraternities on campus, how to get connected with their individual recruitment process, and those things expected of our fraternity members throughout their experience. The program should last no longer than 30 minutes and is offered on different dates/times to accommodate class/work schedules so we hope that one of these sessions will fit in your schedule! If not, you can reach out the Fraternity & Sorority Life Advisor to set up another time.
- Fraternity Life 101, Reeve Union 210, presentation will last around 30 minutes
- Tuesday September 10th, 4 p.m.
- Thursday September 12th, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday September 17th, 7 p.m.
- Monday September 23rd, 5-6 p.m.