Strategic Priority C—Expand community engagement and economic development
Goal 1: Drive economic development and entrepreneurship.
- Focus campus services, resources and research that drive economic development in the region and state.
- Create mutually-beneficial relationships between the University and our community partners and industry.
- Provide academic programming that anticipates changing skill sets needed in the region and state.
- Create a talent pool that is responsive to industry needs.
Goal 2: Lead Community Engagement efforts in the Fox Valley.
- Provide all students with community-based learning experiences in collaboration with our local partners.
- Provide research capabilities to our community partners to solve regional issues.
- Obtain the Carnegie Elective Community Engagement Classification to be nationally recognized in this area.
Goal 3: Provide social, cultural and athletic programming, as well as mutually supportive educational outreach opportunities to the region.
- Engage in cultural and social partnerships with the region.
- Expand educational relationships that are mutually beneficial to the University and the region.
- Promote the array of university artistic, athletic and educational activities that enrich the shared culture of northeastern Wisconsin.