The start of the semester is just around the corner. Check out the tips below to get ready for heading back to UWO.
- Get Vaccinated! The following vaccines are recommended for all college students: Tdap (protects against tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis); HPV vaccine; Meningitis vaccine and seasonal flu vaccine.
- Keep essential medications and supplies on hand. Prepare a small first aid kit with basic stuff you might need during the semester, including over the counter medications, bandages, allergy medicines, antidiarrheal tablets and cough drops.
- Bring a copy of your insurance card. Know which hospital it covers in case of an emergency.
- Monitor pre-existing health conditions carefully. If you are leaving home to go to college, make arrangements to ensure that your condition is properly monitored while at school. Connect with the Student Health Center so we are better able to help you on campus if complications arise.
- Find and meet your Health Advocate (HA). If you are living on campus, the HA is a fantastic resource person living in your hall. They can provide you with a variety of OTC medications and supplies and refer you to other campus resources.