The Alta Resources Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CEI) announced 10 finalists who will be presenting at the upcoming Business Model Contest, which will be held Thursday, Nov. 19 at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh.
Each team will be given four minutes to present their ideas to a panel of hand-selected judges from across the state in this very exciting, Shark Tank-like event.
The event will be held from 6 until 8 p.m. at the UW Oshkosh College of Business’s Sage Hall, room 1210.
“We are extremely excited about these contestants, and this event is definitely going to be our biggest one yet,” said Jordan Rhodes, director of the Alta Resources CEI at UW Oshkosh, which is a UW Oshkosh resource that provides students with business consulting services, hosts several business idea contests throughout the year and offers a 12-week accelerator program that helps students turn their ideas into companies.
At the Business Model Contest, teams will each present to a panel of judges—including UW Oshkosh alumnus Craig Culver ’73—for prizes worth more than $35,000 in cash and in-kind services.
Richard Roehrick, a senior studying kinesiology at UW Oshkosh and winner of the Elevator Pitch Contest held in early October, earned an automatic spot in this year’s contest for his company: Rebuild.
“The Business Model Contest is a unique event that gives passionate students an opportunity to share and validate their ideas,” said Colleen Merrill, executive director of the Alta Resources CEI. “We are grateful to be able to showcase aspiring entrepreneurs throughout the entire University and increase awareness to others who are interested in entrepreneurialism.”
2015 Business Model Contest judges:
- Craig Culver – Founder of Culver’s
- Rollie Stephenson – Founder of Faith Technologies
- Naletta Burr – Community Manager for W.E.D.C
- David Troup – Founder of Xensr
- Kim Peterson – SVP, Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer for Alta Resources
2015 Business Model Contest finalists:
- Blake Clyce/Chad Bierman – InShape Solutions
- Nathan Ochocinski – Circle of Life Aquaponics
- Kylia Hathorne – Knicole Beauty Box
- Christopher Rozek – Rozek Runs
- Zachary Vieth – Divergent Promos
- Austin Cottrell/Sasha Shymanko – Pi Gadgets
- Dylan Parks/Brad Ploch – Golf Shots
- Sheri Omernik – Kids Run Wild
- Scott Golen – Anchor Shock
- Richard Roehrick – Rebuild
The Oshkosh mayor will attend the Business Model Competition to officially proclaim Nov. 19 as Student Entrepreneur Day in the City of Oshkosh—a very special honor for Alta Resources CEI leaders.
To reserve seats for the event, contact the Alta Resources CEI.