A look back at many memorable gatherings during our 150 years:
Fancy Dress Party
Over 200 female Normal School students gathered in the gymnasium for a costume party, which included at least two sets of faux newlyweds on Jan. 16, 1914.
Reeve Union’s Happening
Things were far out at the unique theater event put on by Reeve Memorial Union’s Fine Arts Committee in the Cavern on April 17, 1967.
Sha Na Na
Students crowded into the Kolf Sports Center to groove to the “greaser rock” stylings of Sha Na Na on Oct. 29, 1972. It was the second visit to UW Oshkosh for the group in two years.
“Saturday morning sensations” was the theme of the 1975 Winter Carnival where within hours, blocks of ice were transformed into frozen cartoon characters.
Members of the Racine chapter of the League of United Latin American Citizens gathered with members of UWO’s Chicano Unidos to sell tacos and other Mexican food during the kickoff week of a month of celebrations on April 6, 1973.
Lincoln Avenue Wholesome Fun
Normal School students enjoyed apples and pillow fights at 712 W. Lincoln Ave., on a wholesome afternoon in September 1902. The house still stands today.
Blackness in Spring Dance
Pledges to the emerging Oshkosh chapter of the national Omega Psi Phi fraternity put together a full program for an event in 1972.
Drummers and dancers gathered at Albee Hall for an intertribal powwow on Nov. 23, 1996.
Sadie Hawkins Dance
Teachers College students took a moment from dancing to pose for a scene out of the Lil’ Abner comic strip on Nov. 10, 1950.
Much fun was had on the slopes on this Ski Heilers’ trip in the 1980s.
Alumni and students lined up for beers at the Draught Board bar that opened at Reeve Union in 1971.
Intrepid students braved the murky waters of the UW Fond du Lac Center pond during Fall Welcome activities in 1985.
Doughnuts were on the menu at a hoedown-themed party at the University of Wisconsin Extension Center, downtown Menasha in the 1950s.
Oooh, la la…the “L’Alethean French Cafe” was the theme of Alethean sorority’s rush party on Sept. 29, 1949.