Star Show Schedule
Box Office/Starline: (920) 832-2848
1478 Midway Road
Menasha, WI 54952
Box Office Hours
Wed–Sat: 2–3:45 p.m.
Evenings: 1/2 hour prior to first show
The Barlow Planetarium offers public programming. Family shows are geared for the young and young-at-heart. Feature shows are geared for the older student or adult that already has an established interest in astronomy. Wisconsin Skies is for the visitor that wants to get the most current and in-depth astronomy information possible. Each show ends with a tour of the current nighttime sky – stars, constellations and planets – as seen from the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin.
Star Show Schedule
Star Show Times: May 2–June 29
- Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays | CLOSED
- Thursdays at 3:45 p.m. | Secret of the Cardboard Rocket
- Fridays at 3:45 p.m. | Cosmic Colors
- Saturdays at 2:30 p.m. | Secret of the Cardboard Rocket
- Saturdays at 3:45 p.m. | Cosmic Colors
Barlow Family Astronomy Night
Saturday, June 8, 8–10:30 p.m.
Get the full Barlow Planetarium experience—planetarium shows and telescopes—in a single astronomy-filled evening.
- 8 p.m. | Secret of the Cardboard Rocket
- 9–10:30 p.m. | Telescope Viewing featuring the Moon
- 9:15 p.m. | Cosmic Colors
Star Show Admission
- Barlow Members: FREE
- Adults (age 18+): $8
- Students (age 13-17): $7
- College students (with ID): $7
- Children (age 3-12): $6
- Seniors (age 60+): $6
- Multi-show discounts are available
- Group discounts are available
- Free (1 show per day) for eligible Association of Science-Technology Centers (ASTC) passport members!
ASTC Pass Program Restrictions
- Based on residence: To receive Travel Passport Program benefits, you must live more than 90 miles away from the center/museum you wish to visit. Admissions staff reserve the right to request proof of residence for benefits to apply. Science centers and museums requesting proof of residence are marked by (Check IDs).
- Based on your science center’s or museum’s location: Science centers/museums located within 90 miles of each other are excluded from the Travel Passport Program unless that exclusion is lifted by mutual agreement.
FEATURE STAR SHOWS (Grade 5 & Above)
For visitors who have an established interest in astronomy and space. . .
May 2 – June 29 – Buy Cosmic Colors Tickets!
Cosmic Colors: An Adventure Along the Spectrum will take visitors on a wondrous journey through the world of color and beyond! Discover why the sky is blue, why Mars is red, and the reason why many things are the color that they are. Tour the interior of a plant leaf, voyage through a human eye, then step into the invisible universe as you investigate x-rays by taking on a monstrous black hole. Explore the world of infrared in a roaring fire, and even discover what may have been the actual color of a dinosaur. Explore the amazing rainbow of cosmic light through Cosmic Colors. Each show concludes with a tour of the current nighttime sky – stars, constellations and planets – as seen from the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin.
FAMILY STAR SHOWS (Grade 4 & Below)
A light, fun and educational astronomy experience for the visitors that are young and young-at-heart . . .
May 2 – June 29 – Buy Cardboard Rocket Tickets!
Join two children on a magical journey through the Solar System, aided by a talking astronomy book, a cardboard rocket, and a vivid imagination. During this imaginative show, audiences will land on Venus, fly through the rings of Saturn, and discover the secrets of the Solar System. Each show concludes with a tour of the current nighttime sky – stars, constellations and planets – as seen from the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin.