UW Oshkosh Head Start pursued the recently released, Child Care Counts: Stabilization Payment Program from Wisconsin Department of Children and Families (DCF), which will provide additional payments to licensed child care programs specifically to address increasing access to high-quality care and funding workforce recruitment and retention.
Payments will be determined based on ongoing funding but will be:
At least $150 and up to $500 for those working 21-40 hours per week
At least $75 and up to $250 for those working 20 hours or less per week
Substitutes payment based on average hours in previous month
(Monthly payments in January 2022 were $400 for 21-40 hours and $200 for 10-20 hrs)
Monthly payments will continue as long as additional funding is available (at least 9 months, anticipated 18 months, and possibly 27 months). Monthly amounts are established based on sites’ Young Star Rating and program budget. Center staff, family support, program support and administration eligibility requirements can be provided upon request.
Child Care Counts Eligibility for One Time New Hire Payment
- Employee must have final approved DCF background check (can take up to 90 days)
- Employee must demonstrate solid performance and have no current disciplinary actions.
- Employee must continue to perform the duties as outlined in position description
- Employee has not submitted a letter of resignation in the prior month
- Employer has not terminated employee in the last month.
- Employee must work more than 10 hours a week on average for three months.
- Employees transferring between UW Oshkosh Children’s Learning and Care Center, University Children’s Center at UW Fox Cities Campus, or UW Oshkosh Head Start will receive no more than the total monthly stabilization payment (either monthly or as new hire payment). Staff cannot receive a payment from two sites in same month
INTERVIEWS WILL BE SCHEDULED SOON
If you have any questions please email Sarah Brem at Headstartemployment@uwosh.edu to begin the application process.
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. All candidates for employment are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a review of criminal records, reference checks, and verification of education.
Teachers And Teacher Assistants
Positions are full-time, contracted positions. Applicants must posses appropriate degree in Early Childhood Education. Contracts are for 9 months (Sept 1 through first Friday in June) with an additional compensation for work completed in August.
- 3K Teacher or 4K Teacher | DPI Certified Teacher- $45,355 or Head Start Teacher – $32,409-$34,249 per 9 months contract requires associate/bachelor’s degree in education (EC preferred)
- Teacher Assistant |Requires an associate degree in education (EC preferred) or CDA, $16.79-$17.43 per hour.
- Classroom Aide | 18 years of age and a high school diploma or alternate is required. Optional 16- or 28-hour work week, $15-$15.80 per hour.
Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent. These positions have starting wages of $15.39 per hour and also receive benefits through the UW. Insurance, Vacation, personal days, and sick time. Must be willing to complete a course within 6 month of hire (paid by UW Oshkosh Head Start).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
In order to keep our open pools up-to-date with interested applicants, this pool will hold your application until the deadlines. After that time, we will open a new pool and you will be notified.
UW OSHKOSH HEAD START
571 Monroe Street
Oshkosh, WI 54901