Starting the week of October 11th, you will see a new look for the Duo Mobile app.
No action is required on your part. This email is to notify you of the upcoming change to the Duo Mobile user interface (UI) and let you know what to expect.
What is changing?
Duo is introducing a redesigned version of its Duo Mobile app. This is the app you may use when you perform two-factor authentication to log in to UW Oshkosh MFA protected applications such as Office 365, Titan Admin, HRS portal, etc.
The redesigned Duo Mobile is designed to make your login experience better by:
- Updating the position of the Approve / Deny buttons so that Approve is on the right, a more natural location.
- Improving the accessibility of the app, including adding a landscape view, variable font sizes, and improved color contrast.
- Providing clear guidance on restoring your accounts if you get a new phone.
- Making it easier to find and manage your accounts with a simpler interface.
What is not changing?
The core functionality of Duo Mobile is not changing. You will continue to be able to:
- Receive a Duo Push.
- Use passcodes.
- Add, edit, reorder, and remove accounts.
- Backup and restore accounts.
- Use dark mode.
- And anything else you can do in the current version of the app.
When the redesigned Duo Mobile launches, will I need to do anything?
It depends. If you have enabled automatic app updates on your device, Duo Mobile will update automatically. You can also manually update Duo Mobile.
Will I need to restore my accounts or settings once Duo Mobile is updated?
No. All of your protected accounts will be automatically present in Duo Mobile after the update. You do not need to re-add anything. In addition, all of your existing settings, such as for Duo Restore for third-party accounts like Instagram or Facebook, will also carry over automatically.