What is my TitanCard?
- University ID: Identifies cardholders as active members of the UW Oshkosh Community
- Meal Plan: Utilize your meal plan and keep track of meal plan balances
- Titan Dollars: A declining balance account for a variety of on-campus purchases that offers flexibility, convenience and safety
- Library Card: Check out library resources for free
- Door Access: Gain access to your residence hall and 24-hour access to some computer labs
- Sports Pass: Free admission to regular season home athletic events
- SWRC Pass: Free admission to workout, take fitness classes and see fitness trainers
First Card Issued
Card Replacement With No Charge
Fee: No Charge, but the current valid ID card must be surrendered at the time the new card is made. Otherwise this will be considered a lost card transaction.
Reasons for a no charge replacement
- Name change (must be verified with Registrar/PeopleSoft)
- Change of university status (i.e., student to staff & CAPP student to UWO student)
- Defective card (at the discretion of Titan Central Manager)
- Preferred Name
Card Replacement With Charge
Reasons for a charge replacement:
- Lost or Stolen card (Suspend a lost card)
- Damaged card
- Keep your ID in a protective card sleeve.
- Avoid storing it next to a credit/debit card with a chip as this could deactivate your card
- Don’t allow your ID’s magnetic stripe to be scratched by keys, change, or other objects.
- Don’t punch holes in your card
- Don’t apply stickers
If your card becomes damaged and unusable you are responsible for the replacement cost which is $20. Everything transfers to your new card including Titan Dollars.
If you lose your TitanCard immediately suspend your card online or visit Titan Central. You are liable for all Titan Dollars spent until your card is suspended. Once suspended no one will be able to use your card. If you find your lost TitanCard you will need to reactivate the card in-person at Titan Central. Otherwise you may obtain a replacement card from Titan Central. There is a $20 fee for a replacement card.
UW Oshkosh offers a “preferred name” option for students. Preferred name is a service for students who wish to be known by a name other than their primary/legal name. The preferred name will populate through the following systems: Student Center, Class Rosters, D2L, and TitanCard. Students are only allowed to change their first and middle name to a preferred name.
Your TitanCard is property of UW Oshkosh, which reserves the right to revoke its use or any accounts at any time. A TitanCard may only be used by the person to whom it is registered and is non-transferable. If an unauthorized user presents a TitanCard to a cashier, the card will be confiscated. A TitanCard is valid as long as you are enrolled or employed at UW Oshkosh, exception applies to authorized guests. UW Oshkosh reserves the right to close any account that has been inactive for a period of 12 months.
Full Disclosure Statement
UW Oshkosh receives financial support of student programs and services from UW Credit Union. All provisions of the financial package are based on a flat guarantee. The University formed the partnership after a competitive selection process.
No credit card provisions or loans will be granted as part of the TitanCard program.