Audience: All UW Oshkosh, Fond du Lac, Fox Cities Students, and CAPP Students.
As a rule, all incoming freshmen and some transfer students are required to take the English and Math Placement tests prior to registering at UW Oshkosh. Optional Placement Tests are available in French, Spanish and German.
Placement testing is available online at https://exams.wisc.edu/placement/regionaltesting/information.php
Steps to Register:
- Visit the online placement exam registration page
- Log in using your UW Oshkosh Net ID and password
- Complete the three-step registration form
- Check your email for a message from Scantron
If you have questions about the online placement exams or your math placement, email your advisor directly or contact email@example.com and we’ll get you in touch with the right person.
- Online Placement Testing: To register or for further information, go to https://exams.wisc.edu/placement/regionaltesting/information.php and click on “registration for for fall 2021 students”. Students can only register on this website from March through June.
- Residual Placement Testing and Retakes: Students not able to do the Online Placement Testing in the spring will take Residual Placement Tests. This testing does not require pre-registration or an appointment and can be taken throughout the year on a walk-in basis when Testing Services is open. For open hours, click on “Hours” and then “Classroom Testing.” Testing Services is located in the lower level of the Polk Library Room 2. Incoming Freshmen students taking a Residual Placement Test will not be assessed a fee the 1st time they are taking the Placement Exams. All retakes and retests will be assessed a $10 fee per test for students who plan to attend UW Oshkosh. A $20 fee per test will be assessed to students not planning to attend UW Oshkosh. These fees are paid to Testing Services (cash, check, Debit, Credit card) at the time of testing. For more information call (920) 424-1432.
- ID Requirements: Photo ID is required.
- Estimated Length of Test: Note: Add 10 minutes of time for completion of answer sheet and check in prior to testing.
- English – 90 minutes
- Math – 90 minutes
- World Language – 60 minutes
- Special Information: Students are allowed to use a non-graphing calculator on the Math Placement Test.
- Special Testing Accommodations: Documentation is needed. If you are doing Online Placement Testing, see the Placement Testing Homepage listed above. If doing Residual Placement testing, please call (920) 424-1432.
- Study Guides/Practice Tests: Find sample questions here.
Polk Library, Lower Level - Room 4
801 Elmwood Avenue, Oshkosh, WI 54901
Phone: (920) 424-1432