Attention! The intended audience for this page are all incoming freshman, transfer students, and CAPP students for the 2022-2023 School Year.
Online Placement Testing for the 2022-2023 School year opens on March 15th, 2022
UW Placement Testing is required for all incoming freshman, transfer students, and CAPP students who are attending UW Oshkosh in the Fall of 2022 or the Spring of 2023.
Placement Tests are administered in Math, English, and the following World Languages: French, German, and Spanish.
These are standard timed tests. Math – 90 minutes, English – 90 minutes, World Language – 60 minutes
New Freshman: Please reach out to the Admissions Office to see which Placement Tests you are required to take. https://uwosh.edu/admissions/how-to-apply/freshmen/admitted-freshmen/placement-testing/
Transfer Students: Please reach out to your Academic Advisor to see which Placement Tests you are required to take.
Please follow these instructions:
1. Make sure that you have secured a UW Oshkosh netid and password.
2. Go to UW Placement Testing webpage through the following link: https://exams.wisc.edu/placement/regionaltesting/information.php
3. Click the Registration Form Link to register.
4. Complete all of the fields including your intended university (Make sure that you choose UW Oshkosh) and submit.
5. Watch the email address that you used to register for the exam for the email from Scantron to take the exams. If you do not receive an email, you will need to contact UW Testing & Evaluation for any technical assistance. Please contact them at 608-262-5863, or by emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Finally, be sure to submit your results after taking all of the exams.
If you are having difficulty with the above process, please call UW Testing and Evaluation at 608-262-5863 or email email@example.com
If you require testing accommodations for Placement Tests, DO NOT Follow the instructions above, but go to: https://exams.wisc.edu/placement/regionaltesting/information.php and Click on the Link that says: request special accommodations due to a disability
Important Items to Note:
· For incoming freshman and transfer students, Placement testing MUST be completed at least two weeks prior to your Titan Takeoff Date.
· For CAPP students, please see your high school counselor for the required deadline dates to take the online placement test.
· RETAKES are in paper/pencil only, and must be completed on a UW campus. If you would like to retake the exam(s) at UW Oshkosh, please see our main webpage (also linked at the end of this paragraph) for our Classroom Testing Hours as they vary during the year. It is not necessary to make an appointment, just arrive in time to complete the retake prior to our posted closing time. https://uwosh.edu/testing/
· Retakes cost $15.00 per exam and can be paid in Debit/Credit Card only. (American Express not accepted.)
· If you have any questions prior to that date, you can contact our office by phone at 920-424-1432, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Polk Library, Lower Level - Room 4
801 Elmwood Avenue, Oshkosh, WI 54901
Phone: (920) 424-1432