Sometimes, sitting down to start your college applications can feel intimidating, but you can apply to any of the UW Oshkosh’s three campuses in just eight simple steps!
Take a look below to read through the eight steps to apply for admission to UW Oshkosh. Most students can complete their application in about 25-35 minutes.
UW Oshkosh no longer requires an application fee for undergraduate applications to any of the three campuses of UWO. Start your no-cost application today!
The steps below are for first-year undergraduate students who want to start at the Oshkosh, Fox Cities or Fond du Lac campuses.
STEP 1: ENTER YOUR INITIAL INFORMATION
Head to apply.wisconsin.edu and click the red button to “Create An Account And Get Started.“
STEP 2: SELECT YOUR CAMPUS
Click on the drop-down menu under the UW Oshkosh logo and select which campus you plan to attend.
STEP 3: CHOOSE YOUR MAJOR
This doesn’t commit you to a major, but it lets us know what kind of programs you’re interested in so we can send information and opportunities your way. Are you undecided? You’re not alone. We’ll help connect you with all of your options and help you find what fuels you!
STEP 4: SELECT YOUR TERM
Choose which semester you plan to start.
STEP 5: COMPLETE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
This is the longest section of the application, and each section saves after you click “save and continue.” If you need to take a break or step away, don’t worry! You can always revisit apply.wisconsin.edu and log in to continue your application.
STEP 6: UPDATE YOUR ACADEMIC BACKGROUND
- Pick your high school: Providing a transcript at this point is optional. We will accept an official transcript or an unofficial copy. If you don’t have your high school transcript at this time, no worries. You can always send it to us later!
- Add your course schedule: You can upload a PDF that you get from your school portal, or you can manually enter the courses you’re taking this year.
- Choose your test score option: UW Oshkosh does not require ACT or SAT scores this year. Some students may still choose to send test scores, as they may be criteria used for the Honors College, academic scholar programs and some scholarships.
STEP 7: PROVIDE YOUR HOLISTIC BACKGROUND
UWO considers each applicant using a comprehensive review process that includes your life experiences. This is your opportunity to tell us who you are and what motivates you!
- Activities: This includes athletics, clubs, extracurricular groups and any other affiliations that help us understand your life outside the classroom.
- Work Experience: You can upload your resume or simply add your work experience manually.
- Essay: Our number one top for writing your essay? Don’t stress. Of course, your essay should be a well-written statement that helps us understand who you are and why you want to attend UW Oshkosh, but it’s not meant to be a stressful experience. We like see 250-650 words (3-6 paragraphs) that help us understand why you want to pursue a college education and why UWO is the right place for you!
STEP 8: SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
UW Oshkosh is waiving the application fee as part of our ongoing efforts to remove barriers to applying. This no-cost application is for undergraduate students only.