Our central academic objectives include opportunities:
- To extend the breadth and depth of knowledge about literature, rhetoric, linguistics, and critical theory
- To engage in spirited analysis of literary texts
- To participate in active intellectual exchange
- To enhance skills in both creative and expository writing
- To foster critical thinking and creative engagement with texts of all kinds [and]
- To provide an environment of enthusiastic learning focused on language and literature
Graduate Student Funding
Graduate assistantships are available each year to eligible Master’s degree students. Learn more.
International students are eligible to apply for both graduate assistantships and state of Wisconsin non-resident tuition waivers.
For more information about financial assistance and scholarships, visit the Office of Graduate Studies Financial Aid Site.
View more graduate student funding options: