Videoconference support varies from do-it-yourself on a personal computer to reserving rooms with specific videoconference technology.
Information Technology currently supports Collaborate Ultra, Teams, Skype, GoToMeeting, FaceTime, and Cisco WebEx for various needs. These programs can often be used on your personal computers, conference rooms, or classrooms.
Support is also available for H.323/SIP videoconferences, sometimes called Room Videoconferencing. This type of videoconferencing utilizes specialized videoconferencing equipment from Cisco, Polycom or Lifesize.
- High quality videoconferencing in a room designed especially for this purpose
- Many applications are available across platforms (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, etc)
- Useful for teaching online and accommodating guest speakers
- Videoconferencing anywhere you have an internet connected computer
- Contact the Help Desk at (920) 424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.
- Please provide the number of people that will be having the conference to best determine what software or location to utilize.
- Internet access, a web camera, or microphone may be required depending on what device is utilized. For the use of the some of the applications a NetID account is needed for authentication.
- Free for university use.
- Non-university use is charged at $150/hr, depending on the room requested.
Organizing a Videoconference – KnowledgeBase
Participating in a Videoconference – KnowledgeBase
Collaborate Ultra – Getting Started – KnowledgeBase
Collaborate Ultra Frequently Asked Questions