Your home away from home
Welcome to the Multicultural Education Center
The Multicultural Education Center (MEC), located at 751 Algoma Boulevard, serves as a multipurpose resource center that seeks to bring people together to promote and celebrate diversity on campus, in the greater Oshkosh area and extended communities. The MEC also serves as a resource and information center for students, faculty, staff, and community members interested in improving cross-cultural human relations and understanding cultural differences. It serves as an “embassy” for all multicultural and international students on campus.
Connect with us
Mon-Thurs. 9 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
Fri. 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
765 Algoma Blvd.
Programs & Services
UW Oshkosh will connect you with staff, mentors and peers who will inspire and support you. Find the program that will help you put your ideas in motion.
- Academic guidance and coaching
- Assistance finding scholarships internships and grants
- Student support and connection to campus services
- Tutoring referrals
- Indigenous Student Support and Wellness (ISSW) is dedicated to helping American Indian students grow academically and develop a stronger cultural identity.
- Latino Unidos Navigating Academics (LUNA) is designed to aid and uplift the latino student population at UWO.
- Titan Men of Diversity (TMOD) supports all students who identify as men.
Multicultural Student Organizations
Ask any Titan, and they’ll tell you that joining a UWO community started one of the best chapters of their life. The best way to succeed in life and academics is to get connected and come experience it for yourself.
The Titan community is built to support you as you work, study, live and play. On-campus MEC resources help you take care of your overall health and well-being.
- Norma Shanebrook Multicultural Conference Room – provides space for meetings, presentations, workshops, and classrooms (upper and lower levels)
- Student and Study Lounges – provides a relaxing and quiet atmosphere for studying or hanging out.
- Kitchenette – provides a space for breaks, small group gatherings, and cooking demonstrations.
MEC Accessibility and Accommodation
*Student/Guest Accommodations: Accessibility and access to the upper-level area and the lower-level lavatory of the MEC are limited. Please contact Academic Support for Inclusive Excellence prior to reserving or visiting the MEC if you have special needs or accommodations.