Contact Information: (920) 424-1246
Multicultural Education Center
The Multicultural Education Center (MEC) is a unique place on campus that has evolved into a multipurpose resource center that seeks to bring people together to promote and celebrate diversity on campus, in the greater Oshkosh area and extended communities. MEC sponsors enrichment programs and activities designed to increase the level of understanding and appreciation for cultural diversity throughout the community.
MEC also serves as a resource and information center for students, faculty and community members interested in improving cross-cultural human relations and understanding cultural differences. MEC continues to serve as the “embassy” for all multicultural and international students on campus. To many multicultural and international students, MEC provides a “home away from home” atmosphere.
Programs and Services Available at the MEC
- Norma Shanebrook Multicultural Library – a resource for the University and the Oshkosh community. The collection includes books, periodicals, pamphlets and other documents which focus on various cultural groups, their interrelationships and their relationships with European American cultures. Works in the collection include multiculturalism, diversity, cross-cultural history, racism, socialization processes and education in American society.
- Microcomputer Tutorial Library – serves as a resource to the mathematics and writing tutorial progress.
- Mathematics Skills Tutorial Program – offers individual and small group tutorials to help students improve their mathematical skills.
- Student Study Lounge – provides a relaxing and quiet atmosphere.
- Multicultural Education Coalition
- Asian Student Association (ASA)
- Black Student Union (BSU)
- Hmong Student Union (HSU)
- Inter-Tribal Student Organization (ITSO)
- Men of Distinction (MOD)
- Student Organization of Latinos (SOL)
Click here for more information about student organizations