Contact Information: (920) 424-1246
Multicultural Education Center
The Multicultural Education Center (MEC) is a unique place on campus that has evolved into a multipurpose resource center that seeks to bring people together to promote and celebrate diversity on campus, in the greater Oshkosh area and extended communities. MEC sponsors enrichment programs and activities designed to increase the level of understanding and appreciation for cultural diversity throughout the community.
MEC also serves as a resource and information center for students, faculty, and community members interested in improving cross-cultural human relations and understanding cultural differences. The MEC continues to serve as the “embassy” for all multicultural and international students on campus. To many multicultural and international students, MEC provides a “home away from home” atmosphere.
The Multicultural Education Center will be closed for Fall 2020 due to COVID-19. For more information, please contact the Student Achievement Services at (920) 424-3081 or e-mail email@example.com.
Multicultural Education Center Reservations
Please complete the Multicultural Education Center Reservation form HERE
Programs and Services Available at the MEC
- Norma Shanebrook Multicultural Library – a resource for the University and the Oshkosh community. The collection includes books, periodicals, pamphlets, and other documents that focus on various cultural groups, their interrelationships, and their relationships with European American cultures. Works in the collection include multiculturalism, diversity, cross-cultural history, racism, socialization processes, and education in American society.
- Computer Laboratory – serves as a resource for individual and small study groups and projects.
- Student Study Lounge – provides a relaxing and quiet atmosphere.
Multicultural Student Organizations:
- Asian Student Association (ASA)
- Black Student Union (BSU)
- Hmong Student Union (HSU)
- Inter-Tribal Student Council (ITSC)
- Gentlemen of Excellence (GOE)
- Multicultural Education Coalition
- Student Organization of Latinos (SOL)
Click HERE for more information about student organizations