Select Page
Header Image Group of Individuals Embracing

Safety & Equity at UWO


Amy Andersen, Title IX Coordinator
(920) 424-0835
Dempsey Hall 337
800 Algoma Blvd., Oshkosh Campus
Monday-Friday 7:45 a.m.-4:30 p.m.


This report form is NOT intended for an emergency response. If you need to report an EMERGENCY or an incident that poses an immediate risk of harm to you or someone else, call 911. If you want to report a non-emergency incident to law enforcement, you can call the UWO Police at 920-424-1212.


If you have been sexually or physically assaulted, please consider getting medical help immediately for your health and wellness, and to have Support in knowing all your options and how to preserve evidence that may be needed to pursue a University, criminal or civil action/remedy later if you choose to pursue one. You can connect with a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) at Aurora Healthcare or walk into any Emergency Department and ask for a SANE exam. Try not to change your clothing or shower before this exam, or if you already have, bag the clothing related to the assault and bring it with you to the hospital. Aurora Healthcare, 855 N. Westhaven Dr., Oshkosh, WI. Phone: 920-456-6000.

For 24/7 Hotlines and Victim Advocates, see the Support page.

Victim/survivors have options in reporting and participating in University processes. Making a report to the University means Title IX personnel will reach out to you to talk about supportive measures like housing or class changes and other options, support resources on and off campus, and your rights.

If you would like to disclose to someone on campus and be able to talk over all your options confidentially, then please contact one of the campus confidential resources listed below. They can also help you report to the University or law enforcement when you are ready. A report to the University may be a good option for you if you are hoping to receive supportive measures, or a finding of responsibility, or University sanctions against the person you are alleging engaged in sexual misconduct.

Who can I talk to confidentially about reporting?

Experiencing any form of sexual misconduct or sex discrimination can be stressful and overwhelming. It may feel difficult to make decisions and you may want to talk things over with someone you trust. The confidential resources listed below are a great place to talk over all your options without the mandate to make a report to the University. Please see the Support page for a full list of resources.

UWO Confidential Resources

UWO has three designated confidential resources who students can disclose an incident of sexual misconduct to and confidentially talk over your decision to report. These are the ONLY confidential resources on campus and are available to all students for free. They can provide you with information and support, and help you report to the Title IX Coordinator or Title IX Deputy and/or law enforcement if you choose to do so. These conversations do not have to be reported to the Title IX Coordinator or Deputies. These confidential resources are:

UWO Campus Victim/Survivor Advocate
Reeve Union, 102L
748 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
(920) 424-2024


UWO Counseling Center 
Student Success Center Suite 240
750 Elmwood Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
(920) 424-2061


UWO Student Health Center 
Radford Hall
777 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
(920) 424-2424

We highly encourage anyone who has experienced or witnessed sexual misconduct to wrap support around themselves by speaking to one of the confidential resources listed above.

UWO employees may consult with a counselor in the Employee Assistance Program for free.

Report an Incident

This form can be used to report any alleged sexual misconduct; Title IX sexual harassment or non-Title IX sexual misconduct. Sexual misconduct includes sexual assault, domestic and/or dating violence, stalking, sexual harassment, and sexual exploitation. Please see Terms & Definitions page if you help or reach out to any resource listed on the TIX Teams page for help with your report.

When this form is submitted, the University is required to promptly respond to the victim/survivor named on the report, offer supportive and/or protective measures, provide information, rights, and options; including the right to file a formal complaint. This report form does not trigger a formal grievance process requiring notice to the accused (respondent).

Information entered on this form will be submitted to the Equal Opportunity, Equity & Affirmative Action office – Title IX Coordinator, and the Dean of Students Office (Title IX Deputies). If the report involves a student, the information will also be shared privately with two confidential campus resources: the UWO Counseling Center and the Campus Victim/Survivor Advocate. If you would like to report directly to the Title IX Coordinator, please use this email address, or this phone, 920-424-0835.

If you would like to make a report ANONYMOUSLY (students or guests only), please omit your name and contact information when filling out the form.

Please note: The University will be limited in the ways it can address issues from anonymous reports and will not be able to have someone reach out to provide support, protection, resources, and information. If you wish to receive support and resources and remain anonymous, please contact confidential resources listed above.

Accessibility Note: If you are having trouble accessing or viewing the online report form, please contact the Title IX Coordinator directly for assistance. 

About Reporting

The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is committed to providing a safe, respectful, and inclusive learning and working environment for students and employees. Employees and students contribute to this commitment by speaking up when they witness or learn that another community member has been impacted by sexual misconduct, including sexual harassment, sexual assault, domestic and/or dating violence, stalking, or sexual exploitation.

Most sexual misconduct is also a crime under Wisconsin state law. We encourage all UWO community members and guests to seek support and report any incident of sexual misconduct to help collectively create and sustain a safe, equitable, and inclusive campus. Most employees at UWO have a legal and policy obligation to report disclosures or any knowledge of sexual misconduct to the Title IX Coordinator.

Reporting means that the Title IX Coordinator or one of the Title IX Deputies will reach out to you to discuss your options, your rights, and to assess the need for any supportive and/or protective measures to be put in place. The goal for this outreach is for you to be safe, have support in making the best decisions for yourself, and to ensure you continue to have equal access to all UWO programs and activities.

Note: There may be very rare occasions after a report is made when the Title IX Coordinator will need to proceed with a formal complaint without the cooperation of the victim/survivor. These involve incidents where there is an imminent or ongoing risk to the physical health and safety of individuals or the larger campus community.

University officials with Title IX responsibilities cannot offer true confidentiality to reporting individuals, but they will offer privacy to the greatest extent possible while conducting any stage of a reporting or formal complaint processes.


Reporting Definitions

Complainant – any person alleged to have been harmed by the conduct reported on this form.

Respondent – the individual who is alleged to have engaged in the conduct reported on this form.

Reporting Individual – the individual submitting the report. This may include individuals’ fulfilling their reporting obligations (Responsible Employees), a parent or guardian, a witness, a colleague, or a friend. This can be anyone.

Witness – any individual who has knowledge of or information about the conduct reported on this form.

 Supportive Measures – are free individualized services that are reasonably available.

Supportive measures may be implemented at any time and may include:

  • Course-related extensions and adjustments
  • University issued and enforced no-contact orders
  • Work and/or course schedule adjustments
  • Changes in housing and/or seating
  • A leave of absence
  • Increased monitoring of certain areas of the campus


Rights in Reporting

Students and employees who have experienced sexual misconduct at any UWO campus have the right to make a report or not to make a report; the right to report to law enforcement and the right to decline to report to law enforcement. The University reporting form does not go to law enforcement. Victim/survivors have the right to request changes from their campus to help keep them safe, such as changes to their working, living, academic, or transportation situations. Title IX Coordinators and Deputies can provide information and assistance to victim/survivors about their right to file formal complaint. Accused individuals (respondents) are presumed not responsible until proven by a preponderance of the evidence (50% plus a feather) that they are responsible, or they are found not responsible after an investigation and/or hearing. Respondents also have the right to access supportive and/or protective measures and services.

Will I get in trouble if I report when I or someone else has been drinking (students)?


Individuals, including complainants, respondents, and witnesses, who have made a complaint, testified, assisted, or participated in an investigation, proceeding, or hearing regarding incidents of sexual misconduct will generally not be issued citations by campus law enforcement or be subject to disciplinary sanctions for alcohol violations arising out of the same facts and circumstances of the alleged incident unless the University determines that the violation was egregious, and/or placed the health or safety of any person at risk, and was beyond the amnesty provided by state law. See state law, here.

Think before you drink! Protecting yourself and others from a bad or tragic outcome when anyone has been drinking or using drugs can become a vitally important element in preventing sexual misconduct accusations or incidents. In some sexual misconduct cases, the question of mutual consent is the leading question or issue. We want to be clear here, an individual cannot give consent when they are incapacitated by alcohol or drugs. Please read the definition of consent carefully and speak up or act to help when you see someone who is vulnerable (incapacitated-no capacity to give consent), or if it appears that someone may be trying to take advantage of someone who is incapacitated (vulnerable). If you do not feel comfortable or safe intervening yourself, bring in more friends to help you, or call in UWO staff, UWO Police, or other local law enforcement to help you. No one is alone at UWO!

Sexual interactions of any kind with any persons without the capacity to give consent is sexual assault and violates UWO sexual misconduct policies and Wisconsin state law. Anyone found responsible after a formal grievance process can face severe sanctions, including suspension or expulsion from the University (part of your educational record). They could also face criminal or civil action outside the University process. Individuals accused of sexual misconduct (respondents) are considered not responsible until proven responsible by a preponderance of the evidence (50% plus a feather) in a formal University grievance process. All parties have the right to a fair and impartial grievance process, supportive and/or protective measures, access to campus resources, and an advisor (who can be an attorney) once a formal complaint has been filed. See the Processes and Education  pages for more details.


Consent is defined as, “Words or overt actions by a person who is competent to give informed consent, indicating a freely given agreement to engage in sexual activity or other activity referenced in the definition of sexual assault and sexual exploitation. A person is unable to give consent if the person is incapacitated because of drugs, alcohol, physical or intellectual disability, or unconsciousness”.

What happens after I report?

STUDENTS: When a report is received involving a student, a Title IX Deputy in the Dean of Students office will reach out to the person named on the report as the victim/survivor to offer supportive and/or protective measures, inform them of their options and rights; including the right to file a formal complaint and the details of a formal grievance process. The Dean of Students office will also ask the University’s designated confidential resources to reach out to the student for more support. Students who are reporting sexual misconduct have full control over their participation and role in any part of the process. They can accept or deny assistance or services offered but are highly encouraged to accept as much support as possible. Title IX personnel and campus support resources are here to help students feel safe, protected, and supported, and to ensure they have equal access to UWO programs and activities. No one is alone at UWO!

EMPLOYEES: When a report is received involving an employee victim/survivor, the Title IX Coordinator or a Title IX Deputy in the EOEAA office will reach out to the employee to assess supportive and/or protective measures, provide information about rights and options; including the right to file a formal complaint and details of a formal grievance process. While the EOEAA office may have less discretion in the employment context, they will still strive to defer to the reporting individuals’ wishes as much as possible and consistent with legal obligations.


All parties have a right to be free from any retaliatory behavior from the University or any party named or related to the complaint or grievance process. If you believe someone is attempting to interfere with the Title IX process through their communications or actions with you, your advisor, a witness, or anyone else associated with the process, contact the Title IX Coordinator or EOEAA office immediately. The institution can put further measures in place to ensure that behavior ceases and does not continue in another form. Measures may include additional charges being added to the complaint.