Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Phone: (833) 539-7285
TTY: (877) 334-0489
Account set up code SOWI
Once account is set up you
no longer need the code
Employee Assistance Program - Kepro
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh values its employees and the unique contribution each person makes to enhance our university community. The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) reflects this commitment to employee well-being through offering an array of free and confidential services for employees and members of the employee’s household experiencing personal or work related problems.
Kepro provides free confidential professional assistance with
- Emotional Situations: relationships, parenting, grieving
- Work/Life Challenges: child care, elder care, adoption
- Legal and Financial Circumstances: managing expenses or dept, preparation of simple wills, child custody or child support
There are counselors and consultants available 24/7 everyday of the year. Your use of this service and the information you share is confidential, except when your safety or the safety of others may be at risk.
This program is available to all employees and household members.
Help Available to Employees and Household Members
- Caregiving, College Life, Military Life, Parenting, Interpersonal Relationships
- Addiction, Anxiety Disorders, Depression, Eating Disorders, Grief and Loss, Suicide, Stress
- Banking & Credit, Budgeting, Debt & Bankruptcy, Education, Identity Theft, Taxes
- Allergies, Cancer, Cold & Flu, Dieting & Fitness, Recipes, Smoking, Safety, Skin Health, Diabetes
- Cars & Tickets, Divorce & Child Custody, Insurance, Immigration, Real Estate, Personal Injury, Wills & Estates
- Effective Communication, Managing Work & Family
Managers / Supervisors can receive general guidance from the EAP program in relation to conducting constructive interventions and approaching employees with concerns. Concerns may include:
- Critical incident support
- Declining work performance
- Inappropriate behaviors
- Mental health concerns
- Substance abuse concerns
- Workplace conflicts
Services offered by EAP do not replace the need to work with Human Resources with issues that require deeper intervention; however, EAP can offer ways to assist in talking with the employee about your concerns. Remember to address issues early, focus on performance and avoid diagnosing. Your role as the manager is to observe, document, consult, support, and refer.
Be sure to reach out to Human Resources when uncertain of the best course of action or if there is need for disciplinary action.
Call a counselor or coach anytime, 24/7, every day of the year: (833) 539-7285; TTY: (877) 334-0489; or online at sowi.mylifeexpert.com. You will need to set up an account to access the EAP resources online using code SOWI. Once you have set up an account, you no longer need the code.
Monthly EAP Free Webinars
Free webinars are offered on the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 12:30-1:30 CST. Topics vary from managing stressful situations, learning styles, bias, caring for loved ones, diversity and inclusion, and more.
View the calendar for upcoming sessions.
Register to attend by logging into sowi.mylifeexpert.com. If you have not yet created an account you will need to use code SOWI.