International Transfer Application Procedures
No matter where you are at in your college journey, you are always welcomed to join us at UW Oshkosh! Transfer students are considered those who are currently or have previously attended another college or university and earned at least 15 credits (or at least one semester).
Click the boxes below to start your transfer journey to UW Oshkosh!
STEP 1: Apply
The first step to applying to UW Oshkosh is to complete your UW System Application. You can do so by heading over to apply.wisconsin.edu (or clicking that big yellow button above) and clicking “Create an Account to Get Started.” It will start by asking for some information about yourself as well as some general questions to ensure that you are completing the correct application.
We are currently accepting applications for all three UW Oshkosh campuses for the next, upcoming academic semester. Please see our ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ page for more information about application deadlines.
Once you completely and submit your UW System application, move on to Step 2!
STEP 2: Submit Official Transcripts
UW Oshkosh requires that students submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities at which they have taken courses. Depending on the number of credits you have earned, we may also require an official high school transcript:
- Students with 29 or fewer college-level credits (less than one academic year of study) must submit documents from all secondary schools, colleges and universities previously attended.
- Students with 30 or more college-level credits (more than one academic year of study) must submit documents from all colleges and universities previously attended.
You can either have them officially sent to us via email to email@example.com or by mail to:
UW Oshkosh Undergraduate Admissions
PO Box 2423
Oshkosh, WI 54903-2423
Final official transcripts must be submitted to UW Oshkosh in the original language. All documents not in English must be accompanied by an official English translation. Visit NACES or ACIE to view accepted translators.
STEP 3: Course-By-Course Evaluation
STEP 4: Proof of English Proficiency
When you take your English proficiency test, be sure to indicate UW Oshkosh as the school that you want your test results sent to. Indicating UW Oshkosh as your intended school will have them sent to all three campuses of UW Oshkosh. If they require a mailing address, you can use the same mailing address that you sent your transcripts to in Step 2.
Below are the required scores for UW Oshkosh:
|TEST||OSHKOSH CAMPUS REQUIRED SCORE||FOX CITIES/
FOND DU LAC CAMPUS REQUIRED SCORE
|TOEFL – iBT||71||61|
|SAT (Evidence-Based Writing)||460||460|
|Cambridge English||C1 pass or C2 pass||C1 pass or C2 pass|
*English proficiency scores are not required if English is an official language of applicant’s country of origin.
**Those who studied in the United States for their most recent 2 semesters or academic year of high school, college, or university immediately preceding attendance at UWO are not required to submit English proficiency test scores.
STEP 5: Immigration Document Application
- Complete the UWO Immigration Document Application Form. ALL applicants complete this form regardless of the source of funding. This form is also used to apply for the International Student Scholarship. This form will require you to electronically upload the following supporting documents:
- Completed and Signed Financial Verification Form
- Current Bank Statement and/or Scholarship Award Letter from the Sponsoring Individual(s) or Organization(s) listed on your Financial Verification Form.
- Copy of the biographical page of your passport.
- *Copies of previously issued U.S. Visas
- *Copies of previously issued I-20’s or DS-2019’s
- Optional: International Student Scholarship Essay
- 500 – 1,000 word original essay addressing 1) your commitment to your own educational development and 2) your commitment to using your education and skills to contribute to your community. Demonstrate your commitment by discussing your extracurricular activities, leadership positions, volunteer work and/or other relevant activities.
*Only required for Students Requesting a SEVIS Record Transfer to UWO.