We welcome individual students enrolled at a recognized college or university abroad who would like to study at UW Oshkosh for one or two semesters! Students from universities with a formal relationship with UW Oshkosh must apply through the international office on their home campus. All other students may apply with assistance from a local contact or directly to UW Oshkosh.
HELPING YOU INVEST IN YOUR FUTURE
International students wishing to study in the USA should be able to focus on their education rather than worrying about how to pay for it.
Scholarships are gifts of money that do not need to be repaid, provided the enrollment period is completed. Explore the following scholarships for more information.
UW Oshkosh International Student Scholarship
Bachelor’s students who will complete a full degree at UW Oshkosh, who demonstrate a commitment to their own educational development, and who commit to using their education and skills to contribute to their community may be eligible for the UW Oshkosh International Student Scholarship. Scholarships range from $1,875 – $7,570 dollars per year based on full-time enrollment.
How to apply:
- Complete the UWO Immigration Document Application Form. Applicants that submit this form will have an opportunity to upload the following supporting documents. A complete UWO Immigration Document Application Form with the following supporting documents will automatically put you in consideration for the scholarship:
- Evidence of Financial Resources. This can be an electronic or print copy of financial documents. If the statement is not in English, provide a letter from the financial institution confirming the amount.
- Copy of the biographical page of your passport.
- International Student Scholarship Essay
- 500 – 1,000 word original essay addressing 1) your commitment to your own educational development and 2) your commitment to using your education and skills to contribute to your community. Demonstrate your commitment by discussing your extracurricular activities, leadership positions, volunteer work and/or other relevant activities.
Eligibility to apply: The following non-resident students are eligible to apply:
- An applicant for F-1 or J-1 status (outside the U.S.)
- A student in F-1 or J-1 status
- A citizen of the U.S. who’s legal residence is outside the U.S.
- Applicants for political asylum will be considered for a non resident tuition remission on a case-by-case basis.
Eligibility to receive a Scholarship: Clearly demonstrated financial need
Application Deadline: The application must be submitted when applying to UW Oshkosh for your Immigration Document needed to apply for a U.S. visa. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Continuing students are only eligible to submit a new or adjusted Scholarship Application if they can provide written evidence that their financial situation/their sponsors financial situation has changed significantly. In addition applicants have to prove that this change was “unforeseeable” and “beyond the applicants and/or the sponsors control”.
Any questions regarding the International Student Scholarship can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UW Oshkosh Scholarships
UW Oshkosh has a searchable scholarship database that features scholarships for everyone.
Only students who are admitted into UWO can apply for them. Adhere to application deadlines to ensure consideration.
We’re happy that you are considering applying to UW Oshkosh! If you have any questions as you go through the application process, please contact email@example.com or at +1-920-424-2278. Detailed information on submitting your application is located on our International Admissions webpage.
ESTIMATED EXPENSES | FALL 2023-SPRING 2024
Every August, tuition and fees, housing, meal and insurance fees are updated.
Estimates may change for students beginning after August.
|Full-time Tuition and Fees||$8,062||$16,125|
|21 meals/week plan||$1,840||$3,680|
|Books & Student ID||$520||$1,020|
|Titan Welcome week||$150||$150|
ADMITTED Visiting STUDENTS
Congratulations on your acceptance to UW Oshkosh.
This is your guide you through the important steps you need to take to enroll for classes and prepare for the beginning of your academic year.
Find out what you need to do as a newly admitted international student both before and when you arrive.
International students play an active role in both the intellectual and cultural life of our campus.
International Student Services is here to help you navigate life on campus and provide useful information, resources and links to additional content that will help you throughout your time at UW Oshkosh.