Celebration of Scholarship and Creative Activity 2021

“Music Department Honors Young Artist Recital Winner – Abby Shreve, Soprano”

Abby Shreve

Senior, Vocal Performance

Abstract

My performance is a set consisting of 5 pieces of different variety. The first is entitled Thrice happy lovers from the semi-opera “The Fairy Queen” by Henry Purcell. In this piece, I am playing a goddess named Juno who is singing an epithalamium to a newly-wed couple. Following that is La Conocchia by Gaetano Donizetti. This piece is a short art song where my character daydreams about interacting with the person I love. After this is Chantons Les Amours De Jean by Jean-Baptiste Weckerlin. This song is a quirky piece from the song cycle “Bergerettes”. Here, I am singing about the love of Jenny and John. Next, is Dear Friend from the musical “She Loves Me” by Jerry Bock. The set closes with Adelaide’s Aria from “The Enchanted Pig” by Jonathan Dove. Overall, I enjoy being able to sing pieces with such variety, and getting to convey many different emotions and styles of music!

What Do You Think? 

We encourage you to leave a respectful note, thought or comment with the presenter(s) below as a means of engaging with them. Your responses are appreciated and the presenter(s) will be participating in the conversation. 

21 Comments

1. Matthew Ringenberg

I don’t know opera well, but I certainly enjoyed. It helps knowing the storyline before to get an idea what she is portraying. Thank you for sharing your considerable talent. Very expressive

Reply
    • Joshua Kriegl

Stunning, Abby! You have a beautiful voice, and it was clear that your level of familiarity with every aspect of each song was at its highest! Well done!

Reply
    • Abby Shreve

Thank you very much!!

Reply
  2. Morgan DiPietro

Great job Abby! It’s always a delight to hear your perform :^)

Reply
    • Abby Shreve

Thank you so much Morgan! Congrats to you also!

Reply
  3. Margaret Grewal

It’s been so sad not being able to interact with you in voice seminar, and choir. But, when I heard about you receiving this award I was so excited. It is a true testament to your talent and incredibly hard work. You have so much to share with this world, thank you for choosing to share your voice. Congrats!

Reply
    • Abby Shreve

Maggie, thank you so much! I miss hearing your voice and seeing your face! I can’t wait to see where you go following graduation. Congratulations to you as well! 🙂

Reply
  4. Noah Eckstein

STUNNING as always. Proud of you!!

Reply
    • Abby Shreve

Thanks, friend ❤️ Proud of you too!!

Reply
  5. Alison Shaw

This was a wonderful performance Abby! Congratulations!

Reply
    • Abby Shreve

Thank you so much, Dr. Shaw! 🙂

Reply
  6. Jackson Liberatore

Absolutely nailed it! Every one of those songs! I’m so proud to be in A Capella with you, and I consider it an honor whenever I get to hear you sing!

Reply
    • Abby Shreve

Aw Jackson, thank you so much!! It’s been so much fun getting to make music with you as well! 😌

Reply
  7. Arianna Tsengouras

Abby, you did amazing! Your singing is elegant and stunning! I can see your enjoyment throughout the pieces you performed. Absolutely wonderful job!

Reply
    • Abby Shreve

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind words. 🙂 Congratulations to you as well!

Reply
  8. Ann Kunkle-Jones

Excellent job – I loved watching you have so much fun performing these pieces! Congratulations!

Reply
    • Abby Shreve

Thank you very much! 🙂

Reply
  9. Rick Luallen

Awesome as usual Abby!

Reply
    • Abby Shreve

Thank you!!

Reply
  10. Molly Hennig

Expertly done, Abby! It’s so wonderful to see your accomplishments as a singer. I can’t wait to hear more from you.

Reply
  11. Dave and Tara Shreve

Abby, your love of music has been evident from a very early age. What continues to impress us is your tireless work ethic to learn and grow in your craft. Beautifully done! We are so proud of you and can’t wait to see what your bright future holds.

Reply

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Thank you for visiting Celebration of Scholarship and Creative Activity!
We hope you are inspired by the excellence and hard work of UW Oshkosh Titans.
Office of Student Research and Creative Activity

Dempsey Hall 317
osrca@uwosh.edu
(920) 424-1195